New to car audio. Need help on good S/Q system? Help!

dlopez

Hello all,

I'm new to the car audio thing. Or, it's been over tweenty years since I've had somewhat of a sound system in my car. I need help building a great sound quality system in my 2010 Ford Fusion. I went in my local shop thinking all JL Audio. Until the sales guy showed me Hertz. Specifically the Hi Energy line. Wow!!! What a difference in sound compare to JL's C5's. I can't beleive how good they sound with just my stock head unit. That was stage 1. Now on to stage 2. I'm having trouble deciding on going with a new head (Kenwood DDX9801HD). Or just go with the AudioControl LC7i singal proccessor. I'm, also, having trouble deciding on a 5 channel amp. I was thinking JL HD900/5. Then I saw/read about the Hertz HDP5. I don't now weather Hertz is middle line or upper line but they seem to make some pretty damn good products. Please... All of your thought's & suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If I were you, I'd use an amp for your door speakers, then another amp for your subwoofer(s)

Rockford has some pretty nice SQ amps.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Ok. the great thing about Ford is that they placed their speakers at very good positions. The tweeters are on the pillars and the component on the doors. I keep hearing that I should have a good 4 channel amp to run the power hungry Hert Hi Energy comps. Does the class of the amp really make the difference. Should I really be looking at a Class "A/B" amp or would a Class "D" work just fine? And what do you guys think about the h/u or signal procc.?

Welcome to SMD

Not sure if you can swap headunits with that vehicle ... But If you can, I would def. install a better headunit with processor cababilities before I'd go with an additional processor ...

Also, I would go with multiple amplifiers before I'd use a 6 channel ... Guess this would mainly depend on how many channels you would need for your front stage ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thx. I've been doing some research and the Audison Bit Ten proccessor seems like the way to go if I don't change my head unit. If I do change it I'm considering the Kenwood DDX8901HD. This one seems to fit my car the best and works well with the Sync system. My setup is simple. I have 4 components. 2 on the front doors & 2 on the rear doors. I have the tweeters set up on the pillars. I plan to add 1 10" sub in the trunk. Nothing elaborate. But I'm hoping it would do it's job, What do you guys think?

Thx. I've been doing some research and the Audison Bit Ten proccessor seems like the way to go if I don't change my head unit. If I do change it I'm considering the Kenwood DDX8901HD. This one seems to fit my car the best and works well with the Sync system. My setup is simple. I have 4 components. 2 on the front doors & 2 on the rear doors. I have the tweeters set up on the pillars. I plan to add 1 10" sub in the trunk. Nothing elaborate. But I'm hoping it would do it's job, What do you guys think?

Getting your source unit taken care of first is the main thing. That way, we can help you with amplification setup.

you dont need rear fill, put all your money into front stage-

Never say never ... This all depends on application and need for added width and rear ambience.

If you can set your rear fill to work WITH your front stage, you would be amazed as to how it sounds compared to no rear fill at all ...

Several Sound Quality vehicles have rear fill. Most just don't come on to forums and give out their winning secrets.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived