bassaholicsfl Posted March 24, 2014 Report Posted March 24, 2014 Really wanting to step away from pro audio get alittle more SQish. Not a 3 way set up. In the kicks with the woofers on axis tweets in the a pillars. Have rockford shallow 8s going in the front doors next week. Building up my front stage for something smoothish 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.
gr8handogoatness Posted March 24, 2014 Report Posted March 24, 2014 Budget? How sqish? Like I feel like the band is standing on my dash good? Or like better than pro audio sound?
bassaholicsfl Posted March 24, 2014 Author Report Posted March 24, 2014 I'm just over the pro audio fad. And I don't trust a pair of sundown sa comps on that. Budget is 400. Ive thought about some rockford t2s but I heard one pair and I didn't care for it. Going active as well. All tuned through 80prs.I'm not expecting insane accuracy for comps just something smooth sounding that I can hear over my flowmaster 40s with no problem. I've played with the neo pros tuned at -5db and rockford punch pros tweets at -2db which I was sincerely disappointed by due to internal passive crossover. Made me upset not being able to mess with it some. With my re xxx tweets they did not like that amp at all. Even at 0 db sky high 12g and stinger 8000 series. 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.
gr8handogoatness Posted March 24, 2014 Report Posted March 24, 2014 I know you said you aren't trying to mess with 3 ways and running active so here are some hertz. I know they are over 400 but they are close. From what I've heard tune it right and they will handle power. Also you mentioned the SAs, you could run 2 sets of them, that 400 right there. They sound good. I wish they were louder but with 2 sets, they would be nice. I ran about 120w to mine for awhile. They handled it ok. Once you start really pushing them you could hear that they were getting pushed pretty hard. Since you are going to be running active check out CDT audio. You can buy drivers without the crossovers and some of them are pretty beefy. The HD M6 are pretty beefy and the mid/tweet ES 02 is supposed to be pretty awesome. Just a few things to look at. Also Dayton audio has a few options as well. Look into their Reference series.
bassaholicsfl Posted March 24, 2014 Author Report Posted March 24, 2014 I like the cdt hds tweets are decent. Only problem is the stock mounting is 1in tweets. I could custom make them tho. And lastly some covers for the 6s since they are in the kicks 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.
corona_jeff Posted March 24, 2014 Report Posted March 24, 2014 http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/mezzo-series-65-reference-way-p-322.html
bassaholicsfl Posted March 24, 2014 Author Report Posted March 24, 2014 I was considering the b2 audio refs but I have no idea how much shipping costs will be. 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.
DG Sams Posted March 28, 2014 Report Posted March 28, 2014 Bassholics- I have 2 sets of RF T1s after 6mo searching and learning... 1 set im selling cause i cant fit 6.5" in the roll hoops for i need 5.25". But anywho, i wouldnt go for "pro audio", just cause if your looking for SQ ish set up these will put a smile on your face mostly left eveyone that gets in and outta my car stunded.... If your looking to keep price down the crecensdo are like 240 and the RF T1s are 300. So your paying either way and glad i spent the money the right way finally, but had to do it after the my crescendos went bad on me and so i was lookig for much better sound, relieable, and for their rep. of course. My car is a daily and gets pounded everyday. If not, the RFs, Kenwoods would be my next choice and if your looking to take another step up in the SQ relam, then look into Arc Audio or Morel's I almost went Arc/Morel but decided for the money i couldnt beat rockford. You can get Morel Maximos for under 140 online.... Not sure what you budget is but i would go with a higher end Set in 2 instead of a lower 3.... But that just my opinion so dont take my word, just keep asking and listenng... Once i really heard a actual SQ setup i knew i wouldnt go with anything else.... If you do decided to go SQ/pro audioish the crecendos fit the bill perfectly.... But my crossovers went bad, or i would off you my Mids and Clarion Tweets(which sound better much better then the crescentos imo.... Good Luck either way Bassholics!!
pitbullninja Posted March 29, 2014 Report Posted March 29, 2014 You guys think that's too much for mezzo s?
DylanBunch Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Nope, would be awesome on mezzos, I talked to crescendo and they said to have 150 on tap for the mids and 90-120 for the tweets depending on where they're crossed over at. I ran 100 to each of my 8 mezzo speakers and I feel like they could've easily taken more, sounded DAMN good too Edit: only use those power ratings in active though. You use the passive crossovers only put the 175 that's rated 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.