Sonic Electronix

Starting with 3 DC 18's, vehicle and power?

A friend got ahold of 3 custom dc 18's d1's with american bass motors, 2000w rms each. His car is already done so was thinking of getting a cheap vehicle for a project car.

First was thinking crx, but i think only two will fit and they like smaller subs anyway.

What kind of non-suv vehicle would these work well in to do a wall and also need some amp(s) suggestions as well.

Headunit - Sony DSX-200X

Subs - (2) Modified American Bass 18's

Monoamp - DD M4

Front Stage - CDT HD62-AS components with

4 Crescendo PWX 6.5

4 Channel Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4

Cadence 0 gauge

Singer 275 amp Alt

D7500 XS Power battery

Quad 1/0 input Toolmaker terminals

SMD OM-1

RGB LEDs

BUILD LOG CURRENT ABOVE SETUP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191602-2003-bravada-2-18s-ab-dd-xs-singer/

BUILD LOG (2 MTX 7512's)http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/size]

Jeep Cherokee

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I think he is looking for something a little less typical. So a passenger car with a huge trunk to get the recommended volume. Wall will be behind b pillar of course with a good size port. Might make more sense to just use 2 with a huge port behind driver seat, but got 3 subs and want to use them. Guy he got them from ran 2 of them in a suv on 7k and did 152. The idea is to see if we can get a better number with 3 in a car, but amight end up settling on a junker cherokee too.

Headunit - Sony DSX-200X

Subs - (2) Modified American Bass 18's

Monoamp - DD M4

Front Stage - CDT HD62-AS components with

4 Crescendo PWX 6.5

4 Channel Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4

Cadence 0 gauge

Singer 275 amp Alt

D7500 XS Power battery

Quad 1/0 input Toolmaker terminals

SMD OM-1

RGB LEDs

BUILD LOG CURRENT ABOVE SETUP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191602-2003-bravada-2-18s-ab-dd-xs-singer/

BUILD LOG (2 MTX 7512's)http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/size]

I say jeep grand cherokee or....maybe.... a pt cruiser?? LOL but in all seriousness these cars meter very well and have a ton of room if you remove the rear seats! They have a ton of room behind the b pillar to just be a small hatchback car. Like over 40 cubes net and if you faced the 18's forward on a regular flat ported wall I couldn't see why you wouldn't be able to fit all 3 18's in the wall. I know a couple of cruiser owners who have fit 4 18's in a giant ported box, it just has to be kinda tall above the window line but other than that you would be good to go!

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

Cobalt's fit 3 18's walled. 94-04 Mustangs fit 3 18's walled. Mercury Cougar could probably fit 3 18's walled. Hyundai Tiburon is basically the same size as a Cougar, so there's another option.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

If It was me I would bee looking into car/trucks/SUV that have the aftermarket for what you are looking for. Like Alts. dual alt brackets, the ease of working on the car.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Cobalt's fit 3 18's walled. 94-04 Mustangs fit 3 18's walled. Mercury Cougar could probably fit 3 18's walled. Hyundai Tiburon is basically the same size as a Cougar, so there's another option.

what kind of width and height do this cars have?

Cobalt's fit 2 18's, could probably get 3 in a sedan though.

And there's a guy here that had some crazy ass build in a Tiburon with 4 15's in a 4th order...so it's safe to say that that took 20-25 cubes. So it could be done with 3 18's in a flatwall

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived