Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can I fit two 15's in my trunk?


Seymore

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, I have a 2001 Honda Civic, and with a little mocking up, I found out that I can fit (barely) a box that's 16"H 44"w and 31"D, but with torres I know that I won't have to use all that depth for two 15's. My only concern is that with the height of the box, and the 3/4" MDF, I'll only have 14.5" height inside, and the 15's circle cutout is 14"

I plan on tuning to around ~32hz and fully deadening/sealing the trunk off from the cab (forward facing seats down)

Any opinions? If i can't use 15's efficiently i'm fine with sealing 12's

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

If I'd have to use 12's, I'm definitely making it a 4th order tuned to ~32hz too.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

Well, with a 280 amp alt and another battery in the side of the trunk, I'm sure I can fit that box and almost any amp in it

The full depth of the trunk is like 38"-39" It's such a small car but it's the same cab size and trunk size as my old 2000 Camry. Freakin japs, man.

And I only plan on running ~3k rms two two subs anyhow.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

if you're going to use 90% of the space in the trunk for a box, you might as well just take the back seats out and fire the box forward and seal it off. big ass box with no room to breathe = no bueno.

Posted

if you're going to use 90% of the space in the trunk for a box, you might as well just take the back seats out and fire the box forward and seal it off. big ass box with no room to breathe = no bueno.

Don't mean to be bitchy, but I said in my original post that I planned on firing them forward and sealing the trunk off with 15's or 12's.

I plan on tuning to around ~32hz and fully deadening/sealing the trunk off from the cab (forward facing seats down)

EDIT: Original, not origional.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

gotcha. then you just gotta worry about cutting metal and fitting batts and amps. measure the trunk out for those too.

Posted

i fit 2 15s in my trunk with a 4th :D

12- DC Audio m2Lvl3 12's1- Hertz HSK3 way2- DC5K's2- ZX350.42- Stinger SP1500D batteries in rear3- runs of 1/0ga. to the rearTeam DC Audiodc-banner.jpgdcsoundlab.com

Quality is all in how you take pictures ;) I have plenty of projects that look WAY better on camera then in person :D

crazy to fit so many in so little. Reminds me of some of the porns I've seen?

Posted

More than likely using either these-

http://store.ficaraudio.com/ssd15/

(probably the SQ's though, I'm kind of a nuthugger)

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...