jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 doesnt look like your port has any room to breathe either. On your back hatch you might want to take off the plastic oem cover and deaden the crap out of that hatch and maybe even leave the cover off so your port has more room to breathe. just a suggestion sounds goo Im probably gonna fiberglass the back plastic piece on the rear gate to strengthen it and add some deadening to it to reduce that problem but my back glass is definitely a concern area.
CleanSierra Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Just so you know, if you compete MECA(not sure about other organizations, but I'd bet they would think the same), leaving the cover off, our fiberglassing the cover to stiffen it will INSTANTLY take you out of Street class and put you in a modified one. The competition obviously gets more stiff in the modified classes. You'll be fighting against walls and blowthroughs. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 How would they technically know if the rear hatch cover is reinforced?
n8ball2013 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Because if it gets Calles out that panel gets pulled. You'd be OK with cheating though? THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 No I'm not ok with cheating at all. I want to do everything legit I'm just unfamiliar with meca rules...
CleanSierra Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Yeah if I were doing my best to compete in Street and got smoked by a guy who looked to have done mods to his hatch, I'd call the judges over. Cheaters suck man. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 Now would building fiberglass speaker pods next to the sub box that extends over the window line be considered part of the sub box and be considered cheating or no?
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Also, cool to see an install in the Liberty man. Whoever built your enclosure has skills. Whoever designed it? Asshole I designed the enclosure but I might re-build same style just maybe 1 more cuft and Im gonna deaden every panel I can find. The port is 7.5x 7.5 (56.25sq") Im probably gonna round over the port inside and outside... double that. do like 10x10 if you can, that will raise your score significantly i bet. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 If I did a 10 x 10 port I would be tuned in the 44 hz range....
CleanSierra Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Well, you put up a score at 41 Hz. A port tuned at 44 is damn close to that. I would pretty much guarantee an increase in score with a bigger port, and a tuning like that. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.