jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 OK so I finally put my system on a term lab and scored a 142 @ 41 Hz legal sealed on the dash with a sub box thats 6.5 cuft tuned to 30 hz........I was wondering if their are anyways to increase my score mind you I have very limited amount of sound deadening on the roof and back gate/doors are fully sound deadened. My back Glass flexes in and out approx .75"-1" and full tilt and my rood also flexes around 1". Would it benefit me to redesign the sub box completely or an other suggestions at this point in time my goal is to do a 148+ while keeping my sub box under the window line.....
alaskanzx5 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Raise tuning. Tuning is so low your peaking at a low freq. Meters like higher frequencies. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 Raise tuning. Tuning is so low your peaking at a low freq. Meters like higher frequencies. I will Have to try that I was kind of pissed on the meter today!!! LOL
tacomaguy1 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Port looks real small...what's the area Team Flex Issues
dblovah51 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 a bit more cubes and a lot more port. 7.5-8 cubes 120min port area tune 34-37. 2004 trailblazer 4 FI BTL 18s (2) DC 10.0k xs power d3100s mechman 270 158.2 @41
CleanSierra Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Looks around 36". If it's an 8X8, it's 64". To be realistic, I don't think you're gonna pick up 7 dbs from just a box redesign. You may see a couple, but not 7. I'd definitely start with the right amount of port area ans see where that gets you. Tune a tad higher, more port, that's the start. I wouldn't be surprised if you gained bandwidth either. You'll probably gain more range. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
bbeljefe Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 ↑ That and get the rest of the vehicle dead. Every flex or rattle is lost sound pressure. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 that port looks............smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
CleanSierra Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Also, cool to see an install in the Liberty man. Whoever built your enclosure has skills. Whoever designed it? Asshole Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 Also, cool to see an install in the Liberty man. Whoever built your enclosure has skills. Whoever designed it? Asshole I designed the enclosure but I might re-build same style just maybe 1 more cuft and Im gonna deaden every panel I can find. The port is 7.5x 7.5 (56.25sq") Im probably gonna round over the port inside and outside...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.