Joe X Posted March 28, 2014 Report Posted March 28, 2014 Is possible to have the port on the side but the above would need to be redrawn completely to get equivalent specs.
Guest Posted March 28, 2014 Report Posted March 28, 2014 port in middle sounds better than port on the side IMO
rashawnw Posted March 28, 2014 Author Report Posted March 28, 2014 Specs I found with re calculator (don't know if any good) are 37.5w x 15h x 18d. Box I was working on before was 40 x 20 x 20 way too big. New box comes out to 31.5 hz judging by the calculator. All opinions welcome
rashawnw Posted March 28, 2014 Author Report Posted March 28, 2014 RE calculator isn't very accurate. Is there another calculator I could use. I've heard of Torres but frankly it just confuses me lol. The dimensions i found on re calculator is prob max size I can go. Want it to get in between 30-35 hz
rashawnw Posted April 1, 2014 Author Report Posted April 1, 2014 Just built the box and I must say it is a great improvement. Didn't know the pioneers had it in them. Now my dilemma is tuning the amp. Right now its real "boomy" and some songs it sounds like my subs are going to explode. The box should be tuned to around 32 hz and my amp is in the vacinity as well. Any suggestions on where I should tune the amp?
dharris2488 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Just built the box and I must say it is a great improvement. Didn't know the pioneers had it in them. Now my dilemma is tuning the amp. Right now its real "boomy" and some songs it sounds like my subs are going to explode. The box should be tuned to around 32 hz and my amp is in the vacinity as well. Any suggestions on where I should tune the amp? Wish I could help with the tuning, but my same Pioneer was really "boomy" in certain low frequencies... I don't know if its the sub or something else. Maybe your boost is up too high? Other than that, I don't know... So this box made a big improvement for these subs? I'm still in limbo as to repair my sub and buy another, or just scratch it... Right now, as mentioned above, it's a HUGE paperweight. 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
dangaranga Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Make sure to not use bass boost on the HU or the amp. As far as gain, see if you can find someone with a dd-1 or an o-scope. Or as a temporary solution look up how to set gains with a multimeter. And make sure to set the subsonic filter to around 28-29ish hz if you can Brandon 2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4 System: welding wire throughout the truck USalts 390amp Hairpin Juicebox in stock location 8 Banks of maxwell supercaps 2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each 2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked) Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) 2001 2 door focus 1 DD9918 SC
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.