Sundown Audio

anybody running at .5 ohm daily

moredbs

I was running .5 on a Mb Quart Q 15001. Six Mtx cheap subs....for over a year until I sold everything. Worked great and barely got warm. I had a Motorcity Reman Alt as well. Best budget system I've ever built. All new for under 300 bucks (except alt of course!!)...Gotta love clearance. And the Mdf was free!!!

58a0f6317433094.jpg

looking for an amp to run 3 15 fi sp4s . couldn't fit 4 so I'm gonna have to wire them around .65 or 1.5 ish on good electrical btw . i was looking at crescendo because they say there able to do .5 but is this normal for daily? I'm trying to avoid having issues.

I am running basically the same setup as you. 3 SP4 15's and mine are dual 2's. I have them on a Crossfire 8K though so me being wired at 1.34 ohms with this amp is loud. I didn't want to take the chance of wiring down lower on my daily driver setup and I have very stout electrical. Just get a 1 ohm stable amp that has power and enjoy your subs man....Just my 2 cents

No System......GFY

you'll be fine at .5 as long as you have the electrical to support it. Shit even if you don't have quite the electrical you more than likely will be fine. These amps have low voltage protect circuits for a reason. Seen multiple people wired lower than .5 playing down into the low 11's or high 10's and they still play just fine. Not saying it's a good idea though.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I run my 500.1 at .5 on awful electrical..

Ive ran amps at .25 as well..

Not saying it should be done but im ready to take a loss if anything fails. Its nobodies fault but mine and I wont go blaming anyone..

With that said, if it doesn't protect, you're good to go. Assuming youre not sending out a square wave and check temperatures of your equipment. I honestly would never run at 1 ohm anymore because IMO you get more for your money running lower.

Keep in mind I compete and you don't win comps being tuned at 1 ohm ;)

....ok you can but it would take double the amps to get the same results in most cases..

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

A key is seeing warning signs in early stages before they become fried equipment

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I am running 2 crescendo 2ks at .7 each never had any issue,electrical is 3 d3400s under the hood stays above 13v

2012 Mod2 State Champ

2012 DB2 State Champ

2013 Mod1 State Champ

2013 DB1 State Champ

2 X brand 6500 watt amps wired at .35 each, against 4 Y brand 5,000 watt amps at 1 ohm each. The X brand metered half a db higher I believe. This was real world testing btw, not trying to start a versus thread which is why i'm not mentioning actual names or which specific build i'm talking about.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I run my 500.1 at .5 on awful electrical..

Ive ran amps at .25 as well..

Not saying it should be done but im ready to take a loss if anything fails. Its nobodies fault but mine and I wont go blaming anyone..

With that said, if it doesn't protect, you're good to go. Assuming youre not sending out a square wave and check temperatures of your equipment. I honestly would never run at 1 ohm anymore because IMO you get more for your money running lower.

Keep in mind I compete and you don't win comps being tuned at 1 ohm ;)

....ok you can but it would take double the amps to get the same results in most cases..

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN

Nikita and I have talked about this before but in my experience if you're running at 1 ohm or higher you are paying too much for your power...obviously there are exceptions but so far that's what I have seen in most cases

Team NorthWestSPL

thanks for the info everybody. the amp i want to run will be dc 7.5k unless i can find a deal on a 10k. and a 370 mechman dual kit with xs3400 up front with 3 3400 in the back. hopefully this will do.

Archived