Cj Kumz Posted March 29, 2014 Report Posted March 29, 2014 Hey people. I got a DD9515 in 3.2 cubic foot box tuned to about 36hz. Now my questions are: 1. How low below tuning can my sub play at?? 2. Where best should the subsonic filter be set to and why can't I just leave it off?? 3. I am building a 5 cube box soon and wanna tune to 40 hz. Will this be too high for a daily setup?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
ParDeus Posted March 29, 2014 Report Posted March 29, 2014 I'm no expert, but wait for the "haha subsonic filters, noob" remarks. And then someone else will ask sarcastically, "what is a subsonic filter", thereby enlightening you that it is actually an infrasonic filter... Sorry I cant be more helpful.
Cj Kumz Posted March 29, 2014 Author Report Posted March 29, 2014 hahaha thanks anyway lemme wait on them. lol. Ama keep my guard up Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
FUKAZ28 Posted March 29, 2014 Report Posted March 29, 2014 Have you tried to search subsonic filter? It would save you a lot of waiting.
Joe X Posted March 29, 2014 Report Posted March 29, 2014 The subsonic filter is a high pass filter that prevents non audible signals from getting amplified, this has two effects, reduced current draw/heating on the amp and in ported boxes better excirsion control below tuning, there's actually no reason to leave it off. 1) it's setup dependent. 2) properly designed sealed/4th bandpass boxes will not require a subsonic filter for excursion control, still makes sense to have it on to reduce current draw on the amp, the filter should be set to prevent any non audible signals from being amplified, it has been suggested to be set 1/2 octave below tuning on ported boxes. 3) setup dependent, personal taste dependent, music dependent, basically try and see, if you are doing such a large box don't massively overpower the sub.
Cj Kumz Posted March 29, 2014 Author Report Posted March 29, 2014 Thanks a lot Joe X. Will be using a 1800rms amp so I think it should play well in the bigger box... Ok yah I will try the 40 hz just to see how it would work out. Using a 10inch pvc port.. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Joe X Posted March 29, 2014 Report Posted March 29, 2014 Alright, half an octave of 40Hz would be 30Hz.
Cj Kumz Posted March 31, 2014 Author Report Posted March 31, 2014 Ok thanks a lot. Hey 1 more question if you don't mind. What are your thoughts over a bigger box producing deeper bass?? Is it true Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Joe X Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 It depends on the T/S parameters of the sub and your box parameters, on some conditions the answer would be yes to your question. The only thing that can be said generally speaking is that increasing net volume increases box efficiency (and reduces mechanical power handling).
Kyblack76 Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Good bye triple joint. ..... Good info JoeX SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.