BZRK_J Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 http://www.amazon.com/Krystal-Kable-Channel-Twisted-Cable/dp/B004YUHF5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396288094&sr=8-2&keywords=knukonceptz+rca
ROLEXrifleman Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Do u have a volt meter? Sounds like major voltage dip causing amp to go into protect. Happened to me recently with a bad battery. I wish we had negative reputation buttons on this site cause I would use it on you right now for that "advice" Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Trill Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Lol I was just sharing my personal experience of an issue I had that was exactly as he described. So go ice ur cooter Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!
ROLEXrifleman Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 go ice your amps, maybe they'll come outta protect Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Trill Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 It was actually a bad battery resting at 11 volts and subs would dip my voltage enough to put the jl in protect. Idk why ur so mad about my "advice" since I gave none just asked a question. Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!
Gravlin216 Posted March 31, 2014 Author Report Posted March 31, 2014 It was actually a bad battery resting at 11 volts and subs would dip my voltage enough to put the jl in protect. Idk why ur so mad about my "advice" since I gave none just asked a question. We'll I just put in a brand new mechman 240 amp alternator with a optima yellow top and it's reading 14.8 and only drops to about 14.5 from I've see on capacitor ...yeah I know there useless just waiting for warmer weather to change things up
Gravlin216 Posted March 31, 2014 Author Report Posted March 31, 2014 Yeah, it sounds like your X-overs have tweeter protectors (poly switches) in them. They look like a ceramic disc capacitor in the X-over. When they heat up they open breaking the connection to the speaker. If you turn the volume down does the sound eventually come back? If it does I'd bet money it's the poly switch at fault. In the past I've tried re-setting my amp's gain to correct the problem but that always resulted in too low a playback level. To bypass the problem I removed the poly switches and replaced them with jumpers. In all the years I've been doing this I have never blown a tweet. How would I replace those like you said you did?
gr8handogoatness Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Do u have a volt meter? Sounds like major voltage dip causing amp to go into protect. Happened to me recently with a bad battery.I wish we had negative reputation buttons on this site cause I would use it on you right now for that "advice"Chill man. That is something that could easily happen. My arc amp protects at like 11.5 volts. My alpines never went into protect even at low voltage. If he has two different amps the sub amp could pull the voltage down enough to put the other into protect. We see from his last post that its not the case but still, if we didn't know anything about the electrical that's a valid comment. That's where I was going too.
Stephen13 Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 I took the X-overs apart and un-soldered the poly switch and soldered a jumper in it's place. 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
kirill007 Posted April 1, 2014 Report Posted April 1, 2014 I have 2 sets of Rockford power 6.5 components being powered by a Rockford 400-4 and at high volume all components cut out and sub keeps pounding. I faded and balanced out all speakers and found out all speakers on the right side of my car sound muffled at all volume..could it be my amp or speakers...I also had the same problem with different speakers and same amp. Could it be my component cables also,this is annoying me.when it cuts out I back off the volume and they turn back on also. Chances are it's the amp getting in protect mode. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.