Did anyone completely skip over the fact, that he said he tuned his amps with a EQ preset on his HU? Unhook the speakers from the HU now, they will do nothing to make your ride sound better or louder, only hinder it. When you set your amp, set it with your knob all the way up, seeing as you said it's a level adjustment, not bass boost. And when you set everything, all your EQ's and filters must be at their lowest points or completely turned off.

There are so many things wrong, it's not that hard to miss a thing.

And you forgot to tell him to NEVER boost any frequencies; only cut. (so only -x, not +x.)

After I reset everything without the line driver and with the knob adjusted, I didn't play full tilt but half volume I could tell that actually turning it down turned it down adm turning it up turned it up since I set it with the knob in the middle, so hopefully that fixed my problem I didnt WANa smoke any subs and the dd1 is handy once you figure out how to properly set everything to use it, thanks everyone

You are doing it wrong again, set the gain with the knob at maximum.

You can set it like you just did, that's what I prefer, but that means you have to know how much your equipment can handle because if you turn it up above the middle it can still start clipping and send too much power to the subwoofers.

Regarding the speakers, if you want any help with it, just start a new thread(with pictures) because this one isn't clear.

If you don't want to have better performance with less speakers and less money, you just don't start a thread and hopefully people won't comment on it anymore.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Kirill what are you talking about ? Better performance with less speakers I have 8 sa 12s in a wall and I'm setting the gain on an saz3000

Edited by Deadly hertzz

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Somebody out of nowhere started a whole convo about my mids and highs thats where all of that came from, I get what your saying about the level control knob up when setting Ile re do it like that then

Edited by Deadly hertzz

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

speakers = mids and highs

subs = subwoofers

big difference, deadly hertzz

edit: always cut when eq'ing. if you have to boost, you're not running speakers that suit your listening needs, or your door panels arent strong enough or are leaking air, etc etc.

Edited by Kranny

speakers = mids and highs

subs = subwoofers

big difference, deadly hertzz

edit: always cut when eq'ing. if you have to boost, you're not running speakers that suit your listening needs, or your door panels arent strong enough or are leaking air, etc etc.

Yep your right completely different but that wasn't what the thread was about so that's why I was confused about him sayin if I didn't want Input on it don't start a thread and I never once started a thread about my "speakers"

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

Yes, please when you re do it, set it all with the Knob at maximum. And like everyone else said, you should never have to Turn your treble/mid/bass or any type of frequency up.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm