My original post was about the dd1 anyhow not any speakers or 4 channel or any of that my doors touch the seat in almost every spot except one open spot where I'm doing the pods and that's just how it's gonna be, to anyone still following the thread, just drop the line driver and re set the gain with the remote knob all the way up correct ? And also what would the outcome be when dd1'ing with the remote knob unhooked completely then Hooked back up after tuning ?

Edited by Deadly hertzz

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

wow, i'm done

Idk!!!! What u want man lol is there something wrong with that also ? That' I have each set of speakers wired to each other then on each channel, the 2 powers together to 2 ohm each set of tweeters together to 4 ohm etc....

Edited by Deadly hertzz

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

jezus its like children fighting in the sand pit in this thread!

Never knows best. your username is rather accurate. you are trying to tell someone that they are doing something wrong (which they are not doing wrong), just because its not how you would do it.

8 speakers on a 4 channel is not out of the blue by ANY means! there is nothing fucking wrong with using his head unit, it maybe 10 watts but maybe thats also enough power for the speakers that its powering. they could be 1inch away from his ears for all you know... AND IT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS RELATED TO AT ALL

stop being a smart ass. It has been proven by many people that it gets you nowhere

now that my post 18hour shift rant is finished... try dd1ing with out the line driver, sounds like you were using that as your meter before the dd1 so try it with out. if your getting really shitty voltage and you do need it, then by all means put it back in, the reason why we are suggesting to try it without is that it is just another device that has the possibilty to make the signal dirty which is what you don't want

turn the knob all the way up and then test again, you could test with out the knob then plug in. but I dont suggest it at all because then you are tuning the dd1 against what your actually going to be using which is the point, the knob might also make the signal dirty for some unknown reason so best to test it with it. now, if you are still having the same trouble. try it with out the knob. if it then works like I said earlier go get yourself a lc1 they are cheap as heck and will do excatly what you want it to do!

Edited by RCP Audio

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

jezus its like children fighting in the sand pit in this thread!

Never knows best. your username is rather accurate. you are trying to tell someone that they are doing something wrong (which they are not doing wrong), just because its not how you would do it.

8 speakers on a 4 channel is not out of the blue by ANY means! there is nothing fucking wrong with using his head unit, it maybe 10 watts but maybe thats also enough power for the speakers that its powering. they could be 1inch away from his ears for all you know... AND IT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS RELATED TO AT ALL

stop being a smart ass. It has been proven by many people that it gets you nowhere

now that my post 18hour shift rant is finished... try dd1ing with out the line driver, sounds like you were using that as your meter before the dd1 so try it with out. if your getting really shitty voltage and you do need it, then by all means put it back in, the reason why we are suggesting to try it without is that it is just another device that has the possibilty to make the signal dirty which is what you don't want

turn the knob all the way up and then test again, you could test with out the knob then plug in. but I dont suggest it at all because then you are tuning the dd1 against what your actually going to be using which is the point, the knob might also make the signal dirty for some unknown reason so best to test it with it. now, if you are still having the same trouble. try it with out the knob. if it then works like I said earlier go get yourself a lc1 they are cheap as heck and will do excatly what you want it to do!

Exactly right I was using it to set the gain with previous amps, so after work Ile drop the line driver and re tune it with just straight rca's and the knob all the way up and see how it comes out, thanks, and yeh it is just an added piece that makes it more complicated and another piece that has to be dd1'd but Ile give it a try after work and see how it sounds thanks alot

Edited by Deadly hertzz

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

Did anyone completely skip over the fact, that he said he tuned his amps with a EQ preset on his HU? Unhook the speakers from the HU now, they will do nothing to make your ride sound better or louder, only hinder it. When you set your amp, set it with your knob all the way up, seeing as you said it's a level adjustment, not bass boost. And when you set everything, all your EQ's and filters must be at their lowest points or completely turned off.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

^ I understand but say I set it with the eq to flat but then once it's all set I turn the eq back on won't it send it to clipping since the signal will be a tad higher then with it to flat

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

Also I just reset it without the line driver and with the knob at halfway when I was on break at work a minute ago but haven't got a chance to turn it up since I'm out there n the parking lot

Edited by Deadly hertzz

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

^ I understand but say I set it with the eq to flat but then once it's all set I turn the eq back on won't it send it to clipping since the signal will be a tad higher then with it to flat

agreed, you do not want to "add" to the signal after you find the max undistorted signal. a preset eq could be adding +6db or more to certain frequencies.

After I reset everything without the line driver and with the knob adjusted, I didn't play full tilt but half volume I could tell that actually turning it down turned it down adm turning it up turned it up since I set it with the knob in the middle, so hopefully that fixed my problem I didnt WANa smoke any subs and the dd1 is handy once you figure out how to properly set everything to use it, thanks everyone

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids