XXXterra's 2005 xterra build log- PSI 8s, nendo mids & highs, IA & nendo amps, 80PRS- Playing!

Amazing for a first time glass job.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

very nice! love the way that looks. should sound very nice.

Amazing for a first time glass job.

Thanks guys. Im happy with the way the curves of it came out, other than the one hard edge from the dowel but oh well.

Im hoping it sounds great, I dont have really any reference for what a sub sounds like in a fully glassed enclosure.

Im really looking to tune it in mid to upper 30s and pretty much let it roll off on the high end and blend into the midbass portion with the 8s in my doors.

Also to add to my wishlist is an 80prs. it really never ends.

Drilled a couple holes in the side of the box (to run my leads out to the amp) and started on the body filler.

Man I hate this step. So much sanding. I have a lot of respect for anyone who does glass for a living, and now understand why its so damn expensive.

pics...

9BFB21FA-729E-45EF-B954-9CBEBB0EF052.jpg

DA88CBDF-D709-4CE4-9325-5B16BEAFEDF2.jpg

10537F3E-636D-4BA3-8CDE-9E0C8981ABF8.jpg

C0133889-4BE6-485B-A8AB-7EE2FE031138.jpg

D9E0842B-8C2F-4C2E-AED6-921D686A5AEF.jpg

Hopefully I can finish sanding it down and get it painted tomorrow.

Dude this is coming along nicely!

Was going to mention about bedlining this was that you need to to rough up that fiberglass, stuff will come off of smooth glass resin unless you take some heavy sand paper and rough it up a bit but since you used body filled it(smart) you should have no problem, that stuff sucks it right in! :) Bedlined quite a few boxes and I love the look should look really good!

Doesn't need to be silky smooth if your doing bedliner but the stuff still shows flaws like dips and cracks so if you want to make sure its ready grab a can of primer and paint it first and it will really let you see where your major flaws will be. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up man! I think this looks great and you have a great handle on it so do your thing :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Dude this is coming along nicely!

Was going to mention about bedlining this was that you need to to rough up that fiberglass, stuff will come off of smooth glass resin unless you take some heavy sand paper and rough it up a bit but since you used body filled it(smart) you should have no problem, that stuff sucks it right in! :) Bedlined quite a few boxes and I love the look should look really good!

Doesn't need to be silky smooth if your doing bedliner but the stuff still shows flaws like dips and cracks so if you want to make sure its ready grab a can of primer and paint it first and it will really let you see where your major flaws will be. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up man! I think this looks great and you have a great handle on it so do your thing :)

Thanks.Yeah, several other parts of the truck are bedlined (wheels, grille, bumper valence) and I love the finish, just matte enough and a good texture, plus pretty durable. Ill probably be using the Rustoleum rattle can variety. I used herculiner roll-on once and it was a nightmare to work with, huge mess.

Thanks for the tip. Ill probably have a few questions for you.

I'm loving your use of space. Can't wait to hear your opinion on those 8's. That enclosure looks sweet.

Thanks! So far my opinion is that these little things are beefy and look really slick. Im glad i requested the cf domes over the cf dish.

So now that exam week is finally over, Ive had some time to work. Finished up sanding the body work, and bedlined it yesterday after my last final.

Came out pretty good. There are a few patches where its not totally smooth but Ill probably just leave it.

2B13FFA8-9C07-4025-9B73-0FB72F9EBE78.jpg

02B694BE-967B-45F4-9336-E1CBAC406979.jpg

6EE0D257-5511-4B97-AE89-253CC3B9C8D1.jpg

551869A7-527C-47A3-B039-D5BF7583A5FC.jpg

Also got my port cut while it was drying...

Its about 15" from flare to flare, not entirely sure of tuning yet since I haven't measured box volume, but this is as long as it can be without having an elbow in it and still having proper clearance from the bottom of the box. Just gorilla taped for now so I can change length if I want to.

7681E867-1B36-4F35-AFF2-465C6475E7D8.jpg

Nice progress so far!!!! And the enclosure to your 3rd build was BAD ASS!!! I'm tuned in for the clean work!!!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

It turned out very nice man. I like how you ran the wires.

Archived