New mids highs, so many choices

FISHKILLER

Ok looking to upgrade my current setup. I currently have Infinity Kappa 6.5 components in my doors, and old set of polk audio in some Q logic kick panels, also some 4x6 plates in rear pillars. This is in my ext cab truck.

I plan to buy two pairs of 6.5 and two pairs of tweets, for door and kick panels. going to run active this time around. Need something to keep up or exceed my 2krms bass. My budget is 1000.

Have 4x150 rms for the 6.5s and 2x75 rms for the tweeters. My doors are already deadened just not sealed great, gonna do that this time around. As far as the Q logic kick panels go I plan to glass them and stiffen and seal as good as I can.

I have been eyeing the ID 65x for the mids. Looking for my best options though. I do not live near any car stereo store so listening is not an option.

Help me sound good guys! Thanks.

What kind of "extended cab" truck ???

Sounds like you would have better luck simply better installing what you have and give them better amplifier power

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I just realized how vague my post was. Its on 97 Chevy Z71. I already have 270 Alt. Big three done in 1/0 and second battery. My amps are JL 450/4 and 300/4 for my mids and highs. Sub amps pair of Jl 1000/1 powering a single TC Sounds Lms 18 in a Quarter wave T line which I an starting construction on this weekend.

My Chevy Truck"s build log link is on my Signature ... You shouldn't need multiple component sets to keep up with the sub bass that you are building ...

Just have to focus on driver placement ... I have MANY hours install time in GMT400s

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived