Second Skin Audio

what wood to use?

walwalka

Its kind of all summed up, I'm just tired of using MDF and want to change it up a put. I'm not looking to save the weight I'm looking to offset it. I only need one sheet and don't care about the price. As I know where I'm at with my current weight and no body can sit in the back seat because we bottom out a lot. I don't want to add excess if I know I can offset it.

You want to know how to offset it.... do like every other car audio guy.... upgrade your suspension....

He speaks the truth ^^^

Helper springs, add a leafs or air ride. Then you go from that to tires. My tires are like driving on inflatable donuts LOL

I posted a thread asking for help on helper bags. Only response I got were use coliovers. I explained that I have a warranty and then nobody responded... Lol so this is where I'm at.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Its kind of all summed up, I'm just tired of using MDF and want to change it up a put. I'm not looking to save the weight I'm looking to offset it. I only need one sheet and don't care about the price. As I know where I'm at with my current weight and no body can sit in the back seat because we bottom out a lot. I don't want to add excess if I know I can offset it.

You want to know how to offset it.... do like every other car audio guy.... upgrade your suspension....

He speaks the truth ^^^

Helper springs, add a leafs or air ride. Then you go from that to tires. My tires are like driving on inflatable donuts LOL

I posted a thread asking for help on helper bags. Only response I got were use coliovers. I explained that I have a warranty and then nobody responded... Lol so this is where I'm at.

What vehicle?

I still have bumper to bumper warranty for 30k more miles... I'm not changing that yet, I will in the future though.

then go with a smaller system, 30 lbs isnt going to change whether you are slapping the body on the frame or not... Hundreds will, use birch, only use 1 sub, less batteries, etc.

I had a teammate blow out shocks and end up with the body on the frames bump stops doing what you are talking about, squeezing to much in the trunk without upgrades... you know what he is doing now? helper bags and upgraded springs.....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Total weight in the trunk is going to be around 230 pounds. This is about where I'm at now, so I'd like to keep it there. And changing from MDF to plywood keeps it just under from my calculations. Sub's are 28 lbs each, box will be 90 lbs with plywood 1/4 sheet left over. My battery is 60 lbs, northstar nsb-agm24m. Plus the two amps which is 25 lbs. I'm not sagging that much when its me and my lady in the car but if I put someone bigish in the back seat things change. It doesn't bottom out on every bump but a larger bridge transitions it does.

Its a 10 civic(bought it certified a year ago). But again I'm putting 230 pounds in the trunk. So there again base recommendation accordingly.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

At this point I don't believe I'm in risk of blowing out shock or etc. I just was looking for an opinion on wood as I want to try something different.

Archived