wow, an article on what not to do with your car

Thanks Slayer, I probably will soon :).

I'm digging the camry in your sig! Wifey has one, and I've gotta say, it is one roomy car! Much more legroom than my GS LOL.... MORE trunkspace too to boot.

I'm also a Toyota/Lexus nuthugger, not for the reason that I own one, but because they're one of the least problematic cars on the market today....

Honda's are prone to trans problems, Infiniti's are decent, but for power output, they waste too much damn gas, BMW and MB, don't get me started lol..... The list goes on and on :).

I have to disagree with some of that. I mean sure if you buy cheap knock offs you could have issues such as the exhaust falling apart faster. Intakes have been proven to increase mpg and if its of quality keep more dirt out but of course a drop in k&n can help while keeping it stock. Seats if done right can be a good safety upgrade while giving better comfort and style. not cheap to achieve a factory look with better comfort and safety though. Tint shops can keep it with in legal limits and put a sticker on the car that verifies this. Darker tint provides protection from sun rays that damage and fade interior pieces. Aftermarket wheels of stock size and lesser weight reduce wear on the car while increases mpg. Meaning a longer life and less cost in gas.

paint is the one thing that makes a huge difference though, not everyone likes the same thing. Just because say one person liked flames doesn't mean everyone will.

keep the stock parts and when you resale the car you switch it back to stock. If the buyer wants they can purchase the upgraded parts at extra cost then. If not Craigslist or forums are bound to get you some money for it.

simply adding better door speakers and a sound processor with a stock appearance though shouldn't change the value for the worse. Might not increase but shouldn't hurt. A loud system not a lot of people like and would want it taken out so sell that separate.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Thanks Slayer, I probably will soon :).

I'm digging the camry in your sig! Wifey has one, and I've gotta say, it is one roomy car! Much more legroom than my GS LOL.... MORE trunkspace too to boot.

I'm also a Toyota/Lexus nuthugger, not for the reason that I own one, but because they're one of the least problematic cars on the market today....

Honda's are prone to trans problems, Infiniti's are decent, but for power output, they waste too much damn gas, BMW and MB, don't get me started lol..... The list goes on and on :).

Thanks mayne, here's how she sits now :)

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

I have to disagree with some of that. I mean sure if you buy cheap knock offs you could have issues such as the exhaust falling apart faster. Intakes have been proven to increase mpg and if its of quality keep more dirt out but of course a drop in k&n can help while keeping it stock. Seats if done right can be a good safety upgrade while giving better comfort and style. not cheap to achieve a factory look with better comfort and safety though. Tint shops can keep it with in legal limits and put a sticker on the car that verifies this. Darker tint provides protection from sun rays that damage and fade interior pieces. Aftermarket wheels of stock size and lesser weight reduce wear on the car while increases mpg. Meaning a longer life and less cost in gas.

paint is the one thing that makes a huge difference though, not everyone likes the same thing. Just because say one person liked flames doesn't mean everyone will.

keep the stock parts and when you resale the car you switch it back to stock. If the buyer wants they can purchase the upgraded parts at extra cost then. If not Craigslist or forums are bound to get you some money for it.

simply adding better door speakers and a sound processor with a stock appearance though shouldn't change the value for the worse. Might not increase but shouldn't hurt. A loud system not a lot of people like and would want it taken out so sell that separate.

That list to me is basically for people who are bound to sell or trade in their ride like almost as soon as they pay it off. Me I plan on keeping my ride for years after it's paid off, I guess it's all on personal preference, car owners like us wanna make our rides enjoyable and fun for us to ride in, meaning mods, mods, and more mods. My magnaflow exhaust is definitely gonna drop the resale value, am I worried? Nah. I don't get how people can roll around without tint, especially in the area where I live where you can basically get sunburnt just hanging your arm out the window in the summer in 110 degree weather. When I got my wheels and tires the handling improved GREATLY over the stocks because of the wider size and even though I went up to an 18" from stock 17s the weight difference is barely noticable. But meh that list kinda pisses me off because of how it can misinform people, I mean tint a bad thing to do to your car? Like REALLY? I thought not rolling around in a fish bowl and keeping the interior cool and shiz is a good idea to me :shrug:

Archived