Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Very nice man hope I can do this for my kid when I have some lol

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

Oh i think you have helped everyone in one way or another.

I hope so. I try to keep things very simple very effective.

Cool beans how does it sound so far...........

The main problem with this system is the headunit. We found it in a junkyard.

It has no RCA outputs, which is why the Focal Amplifiers worked out for us.

I plan on getting him a Kenwood Exelon for his birthday. Then we can get to fine tuning this ride.

Very nice man hope I can do this for my kid when I have some lol

Most of everything we put into this truck I've already bought for other builds and luckily didn't have to spend any money on anything so far. But Yes, building this system with my son is some of the best moments I can share with Dylan. They grow up SOOO Fast.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

What are you running for a charging system? 130a 3G?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

Nice Ride and nice score on the amps...!! I would be thrilled to have focal amps at 16..lol

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Posted

What are you running for a charging system? 130a 3G?

Stock alternator will be fine.

My son listens to more grundge / metal music verses most kids with rap. (or what ever kids be calling music these days)

Those doors will get more punnishment than the subs will. (just like his dad I guess)

And those amplifiers are class A/B so it will require more battery reserve verses charging power.

Nice Ride and nice score on the amps...!! I would be thrilled to have focal amps at 16..lol

Yea, they are nice. I'm a Linear Power guy, But for what he need and wants with this truck ... The Focals will be fine.

It would have been uncivilised for me to let my kids run Class D amps in their vehicles ... LOL

If I remember correctly ... I boought my first Linear Power amplifiers when I was 18. Paid over a grand for them.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Thanks man ... There's alot more work we can do to it, but my main focus is on my 49 Ford project !!!

Which is scheduled to go into the body shop very soon !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Id take those focals over linear any day. father son projects are great

I'm not getting into that.

I'm sponsored by Linear Power and Hyper Lights. Hyper Lights is a distributer for Focal.

So there will be no "Verses" or "comparisons" between amplifiers on my threads please.

I will go on record to say that EVERY Amplifier I own is WELL worth the money spent ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

If u wana play with another xcab truck you can come turn mine into a 150 db sq truck:) lol build looks good. Some of the best times iv had with my dad was working on my cars and building systems im sure he will love it

Posted

Bring your truck to me with a pocket full of money and we can make it happen brother ...

With this truck having a pair of 10s sealed, it will get no where close to a 150 db ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 991 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...