Sundown Audio

Lpf

Skax

I don't see how having more cone area changes the frequency you should use.

It doesn't. I wouldn't use that chart. Where you set your crossover and what slope you use is going to vary based on the driver, enclosure, tuning, speakers you are blending it with, etc. That being said, 80hz 12db is usually a good starting point. I usually start lower the lower my mids/highs could play or higher when they can't play very low. Make sure you try changing the phase both ways to see which sounds better. Usually 12db slopes are easier for blending but that doesn't mean 24 is bad it's all install dependent. With the steeper cutoff maybe just set it a bit higher. You just have to play with it until it sounds good to you. Don't make the speakers overwork themselves trying to do the subwoofers job and don't make the subwoofer try to play high notes it can't play very well. That is basically what you are trying to do.

Generally between 50 and 90hz.

It's not terribly important where it's set to as it primarily comes down to what sounds best to you. Not like gain where there's a hard and fast way of doing it

I've always liked mine set to the lower side of things. 50-55hz. But that's personal preference.

I run a 12" down to 55hz in my front doors. I wish they played lower honestly. My last setup did. Playing 40hz up front changes the whole way the stereo sounds. It's okay to have an overlap in between the two also.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I run a 12" down to 55hz in my front doors. I wish they played lower honestly. My last setup did. Playing 40hz up front changes the whole way the stereo sounds. It's okay to have an overlap in between the two also.

Off topic.... But pics of doors? I'm genuinely intrigued now

Off topic.... But pics of doors? I'm genuinely intrigued now
I know right? I'm sitting here like hmmm, I have some tens doing nothing. So yeah post some pics of your doors.

Here is a picture of the old doors. I was testing 8" in the kick at the time... and another photo of them in primer. I can't seem to find any of them in my photobucket acct. but there is some in my build log. It was a Goldwood 10" on 240 watts.

DSCF0182.jpg

006-9.jpg

This is the new door.

a174_zps5358521a.jpg

It is a 12" Fullrange. Plays from 55 to 8k. Still has the staple holes from the old build. Need to relace the door panels eventually..

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived