ImaNoob Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 Im going to say yes, ill never use coax again,,just MO though 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
Seymore Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 I mean, coaxials can sound crystal clear IMO too, but I haven't worked with components in a while.How does the sound compare? an extra 40$ for a detachable tweeter and a dust cap while having the same mechanical parts seems kinda pointless. 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
bcbrassard Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 Yes the extra $40 or $140 is worth getting comps over coax. You really arent going to hear your rear speakers if you get a good set up front. But its all in set up and install too.
BoomZoom808 Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 I mean, coaxials can sound crystal clear IMO too, but I haven't worked with components in a while. How does the sound compare? an extra 40$ for a detachable tweeter and a dust cap while having the same mechanical parts seems kinda pointless. The extra money goes to the x-over on a quality set and yes it is worth it. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Seymore Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 Yes the extra $40 or $140 is worth getting comps over coax. You really arent going to hear your rear speakers if you get a good set up front. But its all in set up and install too. I just don't understand how it sounds so incredibly better if it's just adding a dustcap and moving the tweeter :/ can you explain? 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
ImaNoob Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 I could never get the sound i wanted with coax....Sounded like shit...Component give some control of whats going on.... 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
Seymore Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 Yes the extra $40 or $140 is worth getting comps over coax. You really arent going to hear your rear speakers if you get a good set up front. But its all in set up and install too. EDIT: Good lord that double post. 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
Seymore Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 I like the last option a lot. The first, cheap is cheap. Have you considered just dumping it all in just a set for the front? So wait, would I run stock speakers on the HU and amp up the front speakers? wouldn't that make the front a hella lot louder than the rear? 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
ImaNoob Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 Dude its night and day difference..Your music will sound so much better.. With proper tuning and what not 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.