6x9s murdered

Beast

so i finally got all my audio stuff installed in the new car that i was forced to buy when my 98 jetta broke beyond repair and something that ive never had an issue with came up my Re audio XXX 12D2 has beat my memphis 6x9s in my back deck literally to death like they are fucked and when i buy new 6x9s im wondering if there is a way to protect them? or if there is a different option for mid bass? cuz while i could hear the 6x9s in the jetta in my new car (2000 honda accord ex sedan) i cant hear shit from the back besides bass

ok cool im planning on a custom cherry wood back dash anyway ill space them up a lil bit and use some baffles my front stage is good but only for songs with heavy bass i have memphis 5 and 1/4s in my door and 3.5s on my dash in a lil custom piece i made so bass songs sound good but alot of the heavy metal that i listen to is kinda quiet cuz obviously the re xxx 12d2 aint made for that kinda stuff im thinking of a jl audio 6 inch sub built into a kinda raised setting in the middle of the back dash anybody got any thoughts on the jl 6 inch driver? by the way i work at a sawmill so cherry wood is cheap or free thats why im going with it

I wouldn't even bother. Even with baffles there is just too much air moving around back there. Those can get pushed in too unless your building wooden ones, but now you have basically put them in an enclosure which will effect how they sound. Could be good could be bad. With rear speakers your staging is going to be all weird too. Do front stage only and instead of a jl 6 inch sub upgrade your 5.25s to 6.5s

Very good idea on the 6.5s, The other day when going over the specs for my car i found out that the factory spots in the doors can accommodate 6.5s with only slight mod. However i think that im going to still want more mid-bass because some of the songs i listen to hardly make the main sub move. Any ideas are welcome.

Archived