P4killer_ Posted April 10, 2014 Report Posted April 10, 2014 duct tape or gorilla tape. But i mean you could easilly hear a leak. Its sound like pessurized air escaping. Post a pic or something Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
axevon Posted April 10, 2014 Author Report Posted April 10, 2014 I was going to post a pic but I didn't think it could really show anything. I couldn't feel any air escaping and I couldn't hear the noise from in the cabin, only if I put my head by the woofer. Also, the woofer is inverted but I doubt that would have any effect? I plan on trying tape tomorrow and if that doesn't help I will try redrilling. I was fairly convinced it was air and not the fault of the sub I just wanted a second, more knowledgeable opinion. Thanks guys I will check back in with results later. Dorm room setup: SQ SDC2.5 12" @ 8 ohms Klipsch 300 watt home theater sub amp Marantz 1030 amplifier Future car build: Audio Technix 1200.1d Fi SSD 12 w/ cooling and flatwind coil 6th order dual reflex enclosure
Skullz Posted April 10, 2014 Report Posted April 10, 2014 Maybe port noise? 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
axevon Posted April 10, 2014 Author Report Posted April 10, 2014 Maybe port noise? One thing that I am aware of is what port noise sounds like and this sounds distinctly different. Port noise to me sound "chuffy" and this sound sounded more like a "tick". The box has 37.5 in2 of port which is what is recommended by this port size calculator. http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 The box is 2.5 cubes net tuned at 34 which should be perfect for the sub? I have a sheet of birch laying in the garage so I suppose I could make another box... Dorm room setup: SQ SDC2.5 12" @ 8 ohms Klipsch 300 watt home theater sub amp Marantz 1030 amplifier Future car build: Audio Technix 1200.1d Fi SSD 12 w/ cooling and flatwind coil 6th order dual reflex enclosure
P4killer_ Posted April 10, 2014 Report Posted April 10, 2014 Post a pic anyway. Port noise is like a whistling kind of noise Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
Casket Posted April 10, 2014 Report Posted April 10, 2014 You said it's inverted. Maybe the surround is larger on the SSD or it has more xmax and it's slapping the baffle Kenwood KIV-701Crescendo BC2000DDC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''6ft^3 @ 27hzMBquart ONX 4.125(2) PWX 6.5 (2) PWX 8(2) FT1300amp Singer with VCM @14.5Optima YT & D1200My Build Log every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy. Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. meh, im cool with it, fuck it.
Skullz Posted April 10, 2014 Report Posted April 10, 2014 Wasn't aware it was inverted. Well then, if it is inverted then you may have tinsel slap against the pad on the cone. That may be a possible cause. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
axevon Posted April 10, 2014 Author Report Posted April 10, 2014 Wasn't aware it was inverted. Well then, if it is inverted then you may have tinsel slap against the pad on the cone. That may be a possible cause. The only option I didn't get was the internal lead so that could be a possibility. However, I don't think I was running enough power to cause lead slap since it is wired at 4 ohms on an audio technix 1200.1, so somewhere around 300 watts or less. You said it's inverted. Maybe the surround is larger on the SSD or it has more xmax and it's slapping the baffle That is also a possibility. Does the recommended cut diameter still apply to an inverted sub or do you need an even larger diameter? Dorm room setup: SQ SDC2.5 12" @ 8 ohms Klipsch 300 watt home theater sub amp Marantz 1030 amplifier Future car build: Audio Technix 1200.1d Fi SSD 12 w/ cooling and flatwind coil 6th order dual reflex enclosure
Casket Posted April 10, 2014 Report Posted April 10, 2014 You said it's inverted. Maybe the surround is larger on the SSD or it has more xmax and it's slapping the baffle That is also a possibility. Does the recommended cut diameter still apply to an inverted sub or do you need an even larger diameter? I have absolutely no idea. Iv'e never ran inverted. But if i had to speculate..... Kenwood KIV-701Crescendo BC2000DDC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''6ft^3 @ 27hzMBquart ONX 4.125(2) PWX 6.5 (2) PWX 8(2) FT1300amp Singer with VCM @14.5Optima YT & D1200My Build Log every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy. Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. meh, im cool with it, fuck it.
axevon Posted April 10, 2014 Author Report Posted April 10, 2014 You said it's inverted. Maybe the surround is larger on the SSD or it has more xmax and it's slapping the baffle That is also a possibility. Does the recommended cut diameter still apply to an inverted sub or do you need an even larger diameter? I have absolutely no idea. Iv'e never ran inverted. But if i had to speculate..... Well I did sort of a test fit before I screwed it down and the sub rested comfortably with a little room to slide around. But from all the time i've spend watching speakers move the very outside part of the surround moves very little if at all. If anything, as the surround stretches and exurts the outside part moves towards the center. This is purely speculation of course, but I don't think there's any slapping going on. Dorm room setup: SQ SDC2.5 12" @ 8 ohms Klipsch 300 watt home theater sub amp Marantz 1030 amplifier Future car build: Audio Technix 1200.1d Fi SSD 12 w/ cooling and flatwind coil 6th order dual reflex enclosure
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.