Sundown Audio

sundown sa12 dust cap hot....

I would trust the dd1 and if you are still a little paranoid just turn the gain down a tad just to be sure

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Clipping won't necessarily make your voltage drop.

You also won't hear the clipping when it first starts. You will have to have a fairly large clip in order for that to happen.

Thanks for the info! I thought clipping was audible lol. I also have another question, on sharp beats, like in trance, electronica, and dubstep, everytime a beat hits my clip meter goes off. Should I be worried? In the videos where I watched Steve explain that minor clipping is what you hear normally when the amp is in the car... If I misinterpreted it, I'd like to know now before it's too late.

TY!

Thanks for the info! I thought clipping was audible lol. I also have another question, on sharp beats, like in trance, electronica, and dubstep, everytime a beat hits my clip meter goes off. Should I be worried? In the videos where I watched Steve explain that minor clipping is what you hear normally when the amp is in the car... If I misinterpreted it, I'd like to know now before it's too late.

TY!

If there is no signal there will be no clipping.

When the kick hits a signal is sent to the amp to play that note. When that note is amplified pass what the amp can cleanly do it will turn on the clipping led.

When the kick stops and the signal being sent is either of less voltage or nonexistent the indicator will turn off.

In Steve's videos (unless I haven't seen some of his latest ones) he send a continuous 40 Hz tone to the amp. Music is dynamic and not always at the peak voltage that it can be.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

1) The sun beating on the woofer will make it hot.

2) The Kicker's also have venting in the back of the cone

3) The SA uses the dust cap to pump air as mentioned above; all of the hot air in the pole area touches the cap

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not sure, but even if you use the dd-1 to set your gain, won't a heavily clipped song still send clipping signals to your amp and subs?

Think of it like this, if it has been clipped anywhere along the line of recording to being played through your speaker, it will still be clipped.

All tuning does is prevent further distortion/clipping of the signal. However, if the signal is clipped before getting to your amp, it will continue to be clipped.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

TY!

If there is no signal there will be no clipping.

When the kick hits a signal is sent to the amp to play that note. When that note is amplified pass what the amp can cleanly do it will turn on the clipping led.

When the kick stops and the signal being sent is either of less voltage or nonexistent the indicator will turn off.

In Steve's videos (unless I haven't seen some of his latest ones) he send a continuous 40 Hz tone to the amp. Music is dynamic and not always at the peak voltage that it can be.

That's what I was referring to, the Dynamic readings, as explained in this video:

So is it okay to have half-second "clips" on the indicator or no?

TY for the response btw :)

1) The sun beating on the woofer will make it hot.

2) The Kicker's also have venting in the back of the cone

3) The SA uses the dust cap to pump air as mentioned above; all of the hot air in the pole area touches the cap

TY Jacob for the explanation. I feel like I have more peace of mind now.