fi q for sq system

mrsmatthew

I know I'm coming in late... but I see the Fi Q more as an SQL driver really. I still need to play around with mine, but it definitely has a better sq sound than my past spl drivers.

It does have the ability to get loud but it will excel in a SQ install as well, it is a very linear woofer

I got mine off of one of my SQ buddies. He ran JL forever and decided to switch up. He enjoyed the sub a lot, but his jeep blew up.

Although I don't see anything wrong with using the q in an all out sq install. There's a reason hybrid is in the world record holding sq car owned by the owner of the company. I say go with the hybrid.

The G35 that is so well known does not belong to Scott. It is a customer's car.

I got my demo and talked to the owner at SBN Daytona. We were parked beside each other all wekend.

Also, Todd Crowder from TC audio is something like 14 - 24x world champion (along with many other members of his team) using Hybrid.

but I see the Fi Q more as an SQL driver really.

This is my point all along. If the OP was looking for something SQL, she could get all of the information she needs from her husband being a SPL guy.

Every post she has made has been Sound Quality only. So why would you suggest a stronger suspension driver that when it goes into action, takes your attention away from the front stage and image by overpowering everything else in the system ???

You need a driver that can blend very well with the front stage setup so that you can tune the system and not be able to tell where any driver is located in the vehicle with a very low end response up and out on the hood with the rest of the stage and image.

Not every considered "SQL" driver can do this. If the Fi can do it, like I said in the my other post ...

I will be glad to demo them and give my suggestions if they deserve it.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

It does have the ability to get loud but it will excel in a SQ install as well, it is a very linear woofer

Would you by any chance know of any Sound Quality competition vehicle that uses this Sub ??

Perhaps a Link ??

This question is not specifically restricted to Sean. I would like to do some research on this magical driver.

So please ... Can someone post me a link so I can do some research.

I could care less about if it sounds good, gets loud, or puts impressive numbers on a Termlab, I want to know how well this driver this driver performs under a time aligned, well tuned invironment.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Randal can you tell me what subwoofer is in Scott Bulwaldas Nissan Silvia? The highest scoring vehicle in IASCA, ever?

a very good counterpoint.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Randal can you tell me what subwoofer is in Scott Bulwaldas Nissan Silvia? The highest scoring vehicle in IASCA, ever?

I stand corrected. Thank you Sir

a very good counterpoint.
Yes, I do make mistakes. You guys win this one.

Cablguy please don't take this the wrong way. I respect your opinion and to even be able to begin to debate with you is amazing.

"So I will ask you this ... I know that the Fi sub sounds great, but how well do you think it will fair against the Hybrid driver, or the Linear Power Isoberic 10 (in a 12" driver enclosure cabinet) in a sub driver time aligned Sound Quality competition vehicle on a RTA ???"

Honest answer? I am not qualified to answer. I can speculate and do some modeling but the truth is I have not used the hybrid or the linear power or done enough research to say anything about either. The important bit is that I am NOT claiming the Fi Q is better, I am just claiming that it is great. Which we seem to agree upon. I did not mean to insist upon anything besides that fact that it is a good option. I am not claiming it to be the end all be all.

"I understand, and my apologies. I will help out the best I can.
I just wish other people give helping suggestions instead of downgrading mine."

Maybe you where referring to me, maybe not, but I was absolutley not trying to degrade your suggestions. I am sorry if I came off that way. I didn't try to shoot down any of the drivers you suggested if you look, I was just trying to say the Fi Q is a good option and I was disagreeing with you if you where trying to say it wasn't. I admit this is what I thought you where trying to say. Maybe I assumed incorrectly. My fault.

"Again, my apologies."

Don't ever apologize for offering your opinion man, I have learned quite a bit from your posts and I can tell you your opinion is very valuable at least to me. I know a lot about speakers and home audio and all that, but car audio not so much. Your posts have taught me a great deal and you are an expert in what I feel is the most respectable aspect of car audio. The ends of SQ is enjoyable music, the ends of SPL is well...a physics experiment. Which is interesting in its own way, but I am here for the music. That is probably going to piss some people off but like I said, it IS interesting in its own way. I just prefer one over the other just like members of both camps do.

"This is my point all along. If the OP was looking for something SQL, she could get all of the information she needs from her husband being a SPL guy.

Every post she has made has been Sound Quality only. So why would you suggest a stronger suspension driver that when it goes into action, takes your attention away from the front stage and image by overpowering everything else in the system ???
You need a driver that can blend very well with the front stage setup so that you can tune the system and not be able to tell where any driver is located in the vehicle with a very low end response up and out on the hood with the rest of the stage and image.
Not every considered "SQL" driver can do this. If the Fi can do it, like I said in the my other post ..."

That is exactly what makes the Fi Q great. It can be used in both SQ and SQL if done properly. Probably never SPL but you never know with the crazy stuff those guys are pulling out of their hats. That one guy hit 180dB or whatever in a cardboard box. What the fuck is that? The Fi Q is incredible versatile. So much so that I have to say just demoing it isn't enough. You need to be able to play with it personally and try different things. I really think you should do this. I think you would enjoy it and have a lot of fun doing it even if just as a side project. I think you will be surprised. Maybe it won't become your main sub of choice but it will be fun to listen to for sure.

Although I don't see anything wrong with using the q in an all out sq install. There's a reason hybrid is in the world record holding sq car owned by the owner of the company. I say go with the hybrid.

The G35 that is so well known does not belong to Scott. It is a customer's car.

I got my demo and talked to the owner at SBN Daytona. We were parked beside each other all wekend.

Also, Todd Crowder from TC audio is something like 14 - 24x world champion (along with many other members of his team) using Hybrid.

I wasn't referring to the G35 as that's not the record holding car. I was talking about Scotts 240, or whatever the hell that car is lol.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Cablguy please don't take this the wrong way. I respect your opinion and to even be able to begin to debate with you is amazing.

I will try and get my hands on one soon. This weekend we will be working with a couple of IA Flatline drivers.

We have one Stock and we have one PSI built.

I wasn't referring to the G35 as that's not the record holding car. I was talking about Scotts 240, or whatever the hell that car is lol.

Yea, kinda forgot about that one ... LOL

I think I've been working too much. I need a vacation and drink a few beers !!!

If I wasn't dropping every dime is can muster into my 49 Project, I might could splurge on a case or two every now and again ...

Archived