iKidwell Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 So about a month ago I was in a wreck which was not my fault and my license happened to be suspended because of a speeding ticket I forgot to pay. Long story short, I didn't go to jail, paid my speeding ticket the next day and have had my license back for like a month. But my court date is tomorrow for operating with a suspended license. Now the cop says he doesn't think I'll even have to go if I talk to the clerk and show proof I have my license now, but I'm SUPER nervous about it. Has this happened to anyone else? c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
Seymore Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 I haven't had any troubles like that, but usually the police officer knows what he's talking about.>mfw my first ticket was getting caught doing 85 in a 45, deputy was really nice and only gave me a ticket for impropper turn signal, which i went to court for and it didn't go on my record 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
mbdblue Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 I haven't had any troubles like that, but usually the police officer knows what he's talking about. >mfw my first ticket was getting caught doing 85 in a 45, deputy was really nice and only gave me a ticket for impropper turn signal, which i went to court for and it didn't go on my record guy cuts you a HUGE break and you still contest the ticket? dick move man AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Miguels Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 i would go to court.. i been fucked over before. i was sleeping on night and got woken up by a car crash.. went out and some idiot hit my truck.. insurance came and said the accident was worth $292 and got my check. few days later got a letter from the DMV stating that i was involved in a car accident if the car accident was at $700 i had to go to the DMV and show proof of insurance if the accident was under $700 i didnt have to do anything.. seeing that i got a check under $300 i did what the letter said and did nothing.. next thing you know i got a letter confirming my license was suspended for being involved in car accident that was over 10k in damages. i went to the DMV asap and showed them every proof i had even showed them the live check from the taxi driver who hit me and all they could say is there was nothing they can do and i had no license.. then they gave me a restricted licence for me to drive from and to work and my insurance was damn too high.. what im saying is got to court even if yo get a letter not to and everyone even cops tell you not to.. most the time they are wrong and you will get screwed in the end my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
truthsayer Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 From state to state varies for driving on a suspended license. Here, first offense is 72 hrs jail time and 6 more months suspended. But KY is probably different. Call the courthouse ADA and he should be able to tell you. And yes you can usually work out a compromise with the DA without having to see a judge. truthsayer
iKidwell Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 That's what I'm hoping, this is the first thing I've ever been in legal trouble for. I really just don't want my license to get suspended, because at that point I'll probably just say fuck it and give up c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
boom50cal Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 I haven't had any troubles like that, but usually the police officer knows what he's talking about. >mfw my first ticket was getting caught doing 85 in a 45, deputy was really nice and only gave me a ticket for impropper turn signal, which i went to court for and it didn't go on my record 82 in a 45, reason I drive a volvo now OP, you should be fine in theory. You never know though. Dress nice and be respectful with the judge, it'll get you a long way. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
iKidwell Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 I just called the district Court, the lady on the phone said that as long as I'm there before my court starts tomorrow I shouldn't have to go as long as I show proof that my license is reinstated now c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
Miguels Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 i have better luck with judge then clerks.. bitches be hating and want you to pay.. you show proof to judge and all i pay is $25 court fee if its a ticket that is correctable go see the judge and show him the license my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
iKidwell Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 Everything is good because I got my license reinstated before my court date c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.