OK about 6months ago my dad and I were on our way home from Talledega. From the time we left the camping grounds where we stayed to the time we broke down our 2007 Nissan titan would not run but 60 down hill and maybe 30 up hill. Anyway we took it to a local shop, not a dealer, where it stayed for a few months. We found out that a head gasket had blew. When me and my dad went to check up on the truck we found it sitting on the side of the road. We went to the main office and talked to someone which said there shop had been bought out. We looked under the hood of the titan to find the engine stripped to the block...you could see the pistons. All the parts were threw in the back seat which ruined the seats. We complained and they said they wouldn't finsh someone else's job. We towed it home... my dad says something about a lawyer but he has yet to find one or look at that matter. I really love this truck and really want it fixed. What can I do to motivate my dad to find someone to help us. He does not even think about it. Is this a good reason to get a lawyer?

Someone help me please.

I saw when you first posted this thread and was hoping it would get more attention. I have no good advice for you but I'm definitely tuned in for what people say (providing it's accurate or they have been through this before)

Seems like a shitty thing to happen for sure but I am no expert with the legal system.

Good luck!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Anyway we took it to a local shop, not a dealer, where it stayed for a few months.

We went to the main office and talked to someone which said there shop had been bought out.

We complained and they said they wouldn't finish someone else's job.

The new owners will claim abandonment.

You left the truck for over months, to the point you didn't even know the shop was bought out.

The blame falls on you as the new owners had no obligation to contact you even if they did have your contact info.

Lawyer up if you want, you'll only be wasting your money.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Ruined the truck?

You brought in a non functioning vehicle to a shop and then, by your own admission, "where it stayed for a few months." It was then stripped because it was abandoned.

How often did you call, when where you given the diagnosis of a blown head gasket, why was it not repaired and picked up? The list of questions go on and on. Like Stang said, if you think you have cause pay a lawyer the $75+ sitting fee to hear you out. Be honest with the sequence of events and let him decide based on his professional legal experience if the case has any merit.

At SMD your in a court of opinion, at to be honest, no ones opinion here matters as much as a lawyer's in your defense

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

True but we payed down payments for parts and they started on the job and once the company was bought out they through everything in the seats...Boone knows where to start if they tried to fix it...there are parts everywhere. A complete measure if u seen the mess you'd understand better. I don't know about a lawyer or anything about it why I'm asking.

Some lawyers will charge you a few, generally less than $125, sometimes even free to discuss the facts. In other cases they will want a % of the dollar amount won. That is something you would have to work out with the lawyer 1st.

Based on ALL the facts you give them they will advise you as to whether or not it is financially worth taking someone to court and in their experience the odds of you winning the case. In some areas the legal fees you accrue are not responsible to be paid for by the losing party SO in these cases even though you may win you loose because the legal fees have surpassed the amount of the damages.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Archived