Jump to content

Suggestions on decent mids?


Ryan929

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am planning in doing (6) 6.5s 3 in each door, I have never done a custom mid stage so I am just looking for any suggestions on some decent mid range drivers. I have found a few not sure if any of you have any experience or knowledge of any I these :

http://www.parts-express.com/selenium-6w4p-6-woofer--264-422

Or

http://www.parts-express.com/eminence-eminator-1506-6-1-2-high-power-car-midrange-8-ohm--290-700

I also have already ordered 4 selinium st200 tweeters. My price range is maybe about $50 per driver. Also the power range per driver I'd say i want is about 100rms.

Posted

Soundstream mids are loud and clean as hell. would highly recommend.

http://youtu.be/p1hBQUGmM4w

Here is a vid of my buddies car. this was only 2 6X9 mids and 2 tweeters on about 100 watts rms. sounded great.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Posted

Everyone seems to like the Crescendo PWX 6.5

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/pwx-6-5-mid-range/

Edit: for link

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

I might go with those crescendos I have also heard good things about them, and I know that it is a quality brand as well. Not a bad price either.

Posted

Yeah I'm planning on doing a blowthrough on my s10 with probably 4 15s haven't decided forsure yet on maybe about 5k. I was thinking like 6 or 8 of the crescendos.

Posted

I love my crescendo mezzos. But for your case I'd go with pwx.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows


Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch


Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Posted

Love my Pioneer 8-mids over Crescendo much more detail sound. Plus Crescendos are blown.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 981 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...