bmxkid92 Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 Probably not the first to ask but I need help. I have a 1999 Honda accord lx 4 door. i have some old pioneer which I'm guessing came in the car originally that I want to replace. I bought some Rockford Fosgate R1 6.5s to go in but the basket itself won't allow the speaker to mount. Any guesses on what brand I could use to go in the stock location without modifying other than cutting the back out for the magnet depth. I've never done custom doors before but if thats what needs to be done then let me know. Any suggestions and tips would be great. I have to obsidian audio 10s coming my way and would like to step my mids and highs up.
Pasta Prime Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 Make ring say out of 3\4 mdf if you have the room. That might give you the clearance you need. New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
bmxkid92 Posted April 20, 2014 Author Report Posted April 20, 2014 so it can mount to the holes on the door then mount the speaker I'm guessing.<---noob I know
poorfish88 Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 Yes, it happens a lot with the RF mids with, there sexy big booties. I had to do it when I ran the old T1 mids in my truck.
Pasta Prime Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 so it can mount to the holes on the door then mount the speaker I'm guessing.<---noob I know not too noob. You got it! New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
bmxkid92 Posted April 20, 2014 Author Report Posted April 20, 2014 its not just the magnet being bigger than stock though. the basket itself is wider than what the hole allows. making a ring would fix than as well? and what would you guys use to flush mount a pair of their tweeters. well secure them. make a mount to go behind where I want them and screw it to that? trying to keep my car sounding equal with highs, mids, and sub stage
Deeznutz Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 Buy 1/4", 1/2, 3/4" pieces of scrap MFD and make mounting rings. either one should solve your problem by allowing for the oversized basket to mount up and add some magnet clearance. But if it doesn't. a dremel is your best friend. ...............If car audio was easy...everyone would do it and this forum would not be here.....now get out there and fit it! -Frank
bmxkid92 Posted April 21, 2014 Author Report Posted April 21, 2014 thanks for yalls input. hopefully gonna try to get it squared away this weekend. might end up selling the rockfords and buying some crescendos
trumpet1 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 If it's an oversized 6.75" speaker you might be SOL. Here's one way to mount speakers in your doors: http://www.speaker-installation-photos.com/Honda/Accord/Accord-2/19021595_vfC3qc#!i=1478448739&k=JRvzBPf
bmxkid92 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 They are the r1 6.5s by Rockford Fosgate. It'. BBasket itself is made different than what's in there now.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.