thefourth Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 WOW, two 1250W subs on an amp that puts out 5500W. That's double the RMS. If you give that box the factory spec airspace, I don't foresee them lasting long. Triple joints, coils, and soft parts may not like you very much. I also agree with the aero port suggestion. A single 8" is likely what I'd want. That would be 50" of port. This Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Gil Loyola Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 WOW, two 1250W subs on an amp that puts out 5500W. That's double the RMS. If you give that box the factory spec airspace, I don't foresee them lasting long. Triple joints, coils, and soft parts may not like you very much. I also agree with the aero port suggestion. A single 8" is likely what I'd want. That would be 50" of po WOW, two 1250W subs on an amp that puts out 5500W. That's double the RMS. If you give that box the factory spec airspace, I don't foresee them lasting long. Triple joints, coils, and soft parts may not like you very much. I also agree with the aero port suggestion. A single 8" is likely what I'd want. That would be 50" of port. Yeap doble the power.....well i tryied one of the subs on a hifonics collossus or however its spelled and its sopossbli rated at 3200 rms at 2ohm and the sub took it full volume without a box just free air
Gil Loyola Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 WOW, two 1250W subs on an amp that puts out 5500W. That's double the RMS. If you give that box the factory spec airspace, I don't foresee them lasting long. Triple joints, coils, and soft parts may not like you very much. I also agree with the aero port suggestion. A single 8" is likely what I'd want. That would be 50" of po WOW, two 1250W subs on an amp that puts out 5500W. That's double the RMS. If you give that box the factory spec airspace, I don't foresee them lasting long. Triple joints, coils, and soft parts may not like you very much. I also agree with the aero port suggestion. A single 8" is likely what I'd want. That would be 50" of port. Yeap doble the power.....well i tryied one of the subs on a hifonics collossus or however its spelled and its sopossbli rated at 3200 rms at 2ohm and the sub took it full volume without a box just free air
Gil Loyola Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 They should handle the power im pretty sure
gr8handogoatness Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Well on the hifonics you didn't get the full power they claim. They are overrated, not as much as some, but don't do rated power. The crescendo? well lets just say that you shouldn't judge the capabilities of this sub by how it performed on a hifonics at 2 ohms.
CleanSierra Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Good luck. It's not safe to give you a box design for those subs. I sure as shit wouldn't want to be blamed for a failure of the subs because you decided twice the RMS a good idea. Wire at 2 ohms or get some subs that will handle the power, like AA Mayhems. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Gil Loyola Posted May 1, 2014 Author Report Posted May 1, 2014 Good luck. It's not safe to give you a box design for those subs. I sure as shit wouldn't want to be blamed for a failure of the subs because you decided twice the RMS a good idea. Wire at 2 ohms or get some subs that will handle the power, like AA Mayhems. I guess ill be getting a smaller amp now....how does a 3500 crescendo sound its still more than what there rated at but its less power
CleanSierra Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 It's a much, much better match than the BC5500, and an acceptable amp to run on those subs. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
john253a Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 Idd still do 4net with 2x 6" aeros or 70-72sq" slot
Swordlordboy1234 Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 Running a true 2500-3500 RMS amp on good electrical to those subs is a good decision. Any more and you might have issues. Either that or your gonna have to get good at rebuilding subs. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.