Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Securing an enclosure....


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I just want to get some different ideas for securing an enclosure in a trunk. I'm doing a sealed off setup and while the trim panels will be secured to the car I want to keep an excess stress off of those panels. I have some ideas but really want to see what you all come up with seeing as we have some pretty damn creative members on here.

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

Posted

This isn't just specific for my setup I figured we could jut share the different ways people have secured their boxes, so if others have questions they can refer.to this

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

Posted

My box is pressed into place on a size for size fit

It has nothing holding it down. Been there for 2 years

Another way I do it is lift up carper

Bolt down so mdf or marine bord

Refit carpet and screw the box to that

Posted

1) cutout false floor and screw/bolt/ PL that to your car

2a) build box in trunk from the false floor up.

2b) use some metal brackets to secure box to false floor if you dont want to build in trunk

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...