Second Skin Audio

i wanna get louder! any suggestions?

No, don't find a good box design and build the right box.

anyone can get a box design from someone but not everyone can design and rebuild until they get the best result they can. That's where the exp comes from. I'm not even ready for my next build but I already have 4 box designs I made to build and try out.

I could throw a basic box together in a day with recommended volume and port area tune where I want it but that doesn't mean it will be the best for my install and liking.

I want to build one nice box and be done with it.

if your serious about trying to do a 150. there's a few things you need to think about.

like do you want to resell your car? because the amount of work your gonna do to it. it will be yours till it stops working.

not to mention all the stuff your Gonna put in that you won't get back. like deadner for one.

but if i was planning on going for a 150 i would start with electrical to back it up first. because your electrical can't be to strong for a amp! but a amp Can be to strong for your electrical

Yeah im wanting to get like 3yellow tops cause my dad can get them for 120$ each

Have you sat in a 140db car? Have you say in a 150 car lol. Let me tell you they are nasty. Even 140 is to loud for daily playing. And when I say that I mean you play full tilt every time you get in the car.. Trust me my car does 140 in a trunk off a rf prime 1200 and I don't play it full tilt every day all day. But that's just me it's to much.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I enjoyed my 143 full tilt everday after work. Helped relieve back and leg pains.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

your not gonna get a 150 with 3 yellow tops either!

i really don't think you realize how much this takes.

do you really want to spend $10,000 to do a 150? because thats what it's gonma take! you can't just go get 6000w and some subs to.handle it and throw a box together. your gonna try and fail blow Subs get new ones. recone them. build at least 5 boxes. were talking thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours testing and building. i already have over40 hours into my build with almost nothing to show for it.

I'm not saying you Cant do it. but i really don't think by reading your posts you have the patients or knowledge to do it... yet. from reading your posts your better off finding someone who has a 150 car And trying to buy it off them.

i think when you realize how much work a 140is you'll have more respect for a person who can do 150 especially on music!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I enjoyed my 143 full tilt everday after work. Helped relieve back and leg pains.

I'm not saying one song a day or 2 is not just fun lol but playing all music like that all the time is a bit much for me lol.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived