poorfish88 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I think the sa8s cost more than $150. Not many choices in that price range that are going to sound good and be loud. Maybe browse the FS section here or find something used on craigslist. edit: your post count=no bueno for the FS section. I wish my count was higher but I don't want to spam lol.I can go over $150 if need be though You can buy in the FS section, just use PM. 750 posts is to sell, not buy.
Nightshade Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I would run the sa for sure. I also happen to have two that I would sell. 12" dual 2 ohm coils for $120 plus shipping a piece. I was just getting ready to make a for sale thread. I have 4 total and am running a pair in my Scion TC and have done a 150.7 on the dash sealed off a single saz3500d, xs d3400 under the hood, and the fucking stock radio! I have since tuned the setup with an Audio Control lci2 and it is noticeably louder. This is why I would choose the sa they are fucking loud bro! 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
Aj11 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 i know I'm gonna catch hell for what I'm about to say... and i don't care. if your looking for a loud sub that can make a lot of sound especially spl for $150 and take 1000w plus... alpine type r 12! i know i know. listen i had one in a 2.5ft (net 3ft gross)box tuned to 42hz on 2 jl 500/1 v2s and it hurt in my Saturn. seats folded down firing into cabin. I'm not kidding half way threw a good bass song it hurt. never got hot didn't stink. the box was to high tuned for me but it was loud. there all over the place for $150 and i know for a fact they take more then rated. i own 3 of them. the new ones. swd4 and a swd2 jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Nightshade Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 i know I'm gonna catch hell for what I'm about to say... and i don't care. if your looking for a loud sub that can make a lot of sound especially spl for $150 and take 1000w plus... alpine type r 12! i know i know. listen i had one in a 2.5ft (net 3ft gross)box tuned to 42hz on 2 jl 500/1 v2s and it hurt in my Saturn. seats folded down firing into cabin. I'm not kidding half way threw a good bass song it hurt. never got hot didn't stink. the box was to high tuned for me but it was loud. there all over the place for $150 and i know for a fact they take more then rated. i own 3 of them. the new ones. swd4 and a swd2 Dude there is no reason any one should give you hell about that, Type Rs are loud as shit. I did a 147.4 off a single one in my focus zx3 a few years ago. It was run off a sundown saz1500d and took the power line a champ. It was a box just to put up a number and bassrace with while I was waiting on recones. I easily bassraced in 139.9 with the single R 12. Edit: I fucking hate autocorrect on my phone!!!!!!!!! 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
SMF93 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Even though 12" type R's may get loud OP only would have enough money for one, and if it came down to getting an OA 18" or a type R I would definitely get the Obsidian 18
Motorboat KER Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 I did the math and I can fit 3 SQ 12
Motorboat KER Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 So I'm going to get one SQ 12 at a time and eventually make a bandpass or wall my wagon off lol
Motorboat KER Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 You have enough budget for 3 150$ subs? One at a time
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.