Motorboat KER Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I have $150 or so that I want to spend on a loud driver. Any size and must be <1000watts I was going to get a sa-8 and run in a bandpass but some reviews scared me off lol Any ideas?
poorfish88 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I installed 2 SA 8 with a SQ 1200 in my friends Nissan Titan. They are legit, or to say badass.
SlamminBeats Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 there are plenty of choices. wont list them all but whats your goal pure spl? your tuning high? is this daily?
lifted_silverado Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Spl? Anything can get loud, sounding good while doing it and taking clean power is what gets expensive. If you want spl 2-4 cheap ass subs and run them in a ridiculously high tuned box and clip the hell out of them. If you want decent loud and sound good while doing it an SA8 will work but dont expect 150s out of it in a good decently tuned box on mediocre power. Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins
Motorboat KER Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 I have a brx1000 amp so it isn't a shitty amp (but it isn't the best lol) and I want loud without clipping -.-
lifted_silverado Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I think the sa8s cost more than $150. Not many choices in that price range that are going to sound good and be loud. Maybe browse the FS section here or find something used on craigslist. edit: your post count=no bueno for the FS section. Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins
greezychef Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 best option for the price. nothing else even close. http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS315_p_229.html
P4killer_ Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 How much space do you have? If you could fit an 18 thatd be a good start. Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
boom50cal Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Obsidian's subs are pretty cheap...really similar to sundown subs. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Motorboat KER Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 How much space do you have? If you could fit an 18 thatd be a good start. My max is 30w30d28h
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.