So today I noticed that my dash was telling me to "Service Brake Booster" on my '03 GMC Sierra, Z71, 5.3L.

I also happened to notice that the little black box under the steering wheel came unplugged, I now assume that is a part of the booster system as it says "Brake Force" on it.

I plugged in the brake force box, but still get the message. I have read that my model truck must complete 5 successful tests before it removes the message.

I haven't gone out to try and start my truck 5 times yet, as I am researching, but could that box have been my only problem?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I would reset the computer....pull the negative off the battery for a few minutes and see if it goes away

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Will do, I'm also out to go turn it on and off 5 times.

I'll report back with results from both.

Edit: Don't wanna reset the radio with having to, lol.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

It may have to be driven in order for the test to be performed. I know my Civic has to go through a drive cycle before it will pop a check engine light for certain things. A drive cycle in my Honda is about 30 miles. Not sure how your truck is set up but if turning the key on and off 5 times doesn't help you may want to drive it.

It may have to be driven in order for the test to be performed. I know my Civic has to go through a drive cycle before it will pop a check engine light for certain things. A drive cycle in my Honda is about 30 miles. Not sure how your truck is set up but if turning the key on and off 5 times doesn't help you may want to drive it.

This is my assumption as of now.

I started and turned it off 6 times with no results.

I then unplugged the battery for about 30 seconds (bye bye radio settings..) and performed a start on and off 6 more times with the results being the same.

I also checked brake fluid, it is/was at a good amount.

Drive it for the next few days. If they brakes are iffy then take it in... With the new EcoBoost pickups, for example, if you do a burnout it'll throw an error code. You have to complete 5 drive cycles without doing it(like 30 minutes or 5 miles or some bs like that.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

That would make a lot more sense to actually have it be required to drive.

I had no issues braking with it on the way back from school.

Not suprising. Hell, you could probably take it to autozone and they would clear it for you if you ask them to bring it up on a code reader.

Here's a bit more info about it.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f53/service-brake-booster-dic-03-tahoe-44600/

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I freaking had that page open before I left to check out some stuff earlier with my truck.

Guess I closed it when I got back since I keep a billion and 2 tabs open at once.

Using the method of just unhooking the battery, you will have to let it be disconnected for up to an hr. It takes some time for the computer to drain it's power.

Best method is to do the start cycle the 5 times, but pull forward brake, then reverse and brake. And just repeat that method making sure you shut off vehicle each time.

I have also heard pulling the ignition fuse over night works.

truthsayer

Archived