anyone done this with Good results?

Aj11

so my stock location for my mids is 5.25 and I want to run 6x5s in the doors. i have no problem cutting my door to make it happen. but when i went outside with my old set of 6x5 alpine type r comps to do a test fit (not the Comps I'll be using) i put them magnet out just to get a better idea of what i need to cut and see the space i need to remove. well it looked freaking awesome! my doors have allot of deadner but i don't know if this would hinder performance? never done it, never heard anyone doing it but it looks awesome and wondering if its at all possible?

thanks in advance!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

He means 6.5"....

Don't mount them magnet out. Bass is non-directional, that's why we can puts subs in the trunk or invert them. Mids and highs are very directional, that's why we place them in the vehicles cabin. Mounting the magnet out would block much of the sound.

not to mention, i believe mounting door speakers inverted would sound bad......never done it but thats my first thought

edit: ninja'd

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

yea sorry 6.5, and the Comps i want aren't available in the 5.25 so i don't have a choice.

i didn't think it was possible. it just looked so freaking cool i had to ask! the way the stock pods come out the door Just so sexy!

ok I'll do it the normal way. cant blame Me for trying right?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

He means 6.5"....

Don't mount them magnet out. Bass is non-directional, that's why we can puts subs in the trunk or invert them. Mids and highs are very directional, that's why we place them in the vehicles cabin. Mounting the magnet out would block much of the sound.

I want to ser proof of this.

I understand it with the way a tweeter is designed ( back side is enclosed.

a 6.5" component however has sound waves on the front and back side. That is why you seal one side off from the other to avoid cancelation between the 2. Mounting it inverted would be the same but instead you would be using the sound waves on the back side of the speaker rather then the front.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ok I'll do it, ill use my old rs to try it out. i plan on.running my 4 channel ct amp tomorrow so I'll take a vid And keep you posted. if it wasnt for the way it looked i wouldn't even be considering this. pumped for the results tho. if its minimal in sound difference I'm gonna keep em like that.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff