Jump to content

How do ya'll mount your tweets


bmxkid92

Recommended Posts

Posted

A hole saw or a dremel

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

If you want to mount the tweeters in the stock locations you can use the method that the installers in this video use at about the 3 minute mark in the video.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Posted

Mine fit in the stock location, just don't have the little bits to lock in place. Secured with a bead of hot glue, and after install they just look factory.

vJ1rBUU.jpg

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

If you want to mount the tweeters in the stock locations you can use the method that the installers in this video use at about the 3 minute mark in the video.

actually never thought of that. thanks for sharing that

Posted

Mine fit in the stock location, just don't have the little bits to lock in place. Secured with a bead of hot glue, and after install they just look factory.

vJ1rBUU.jpg

I havent actually pulled up the covers in the front dash to see what size they are but I might this weekend

Posted

I did pretty much everything against the rules on this one

Supertweets pointed right at your face

WP_002599_zps28b1ea1d.jpg

Posted

I did pretty much everything against the rules on this one

Supertweets pointed right at your face

WP_002599_zps28b1ea1d.jpg

looks sick !. Im still starting out with actually fabricating and fiberglassing. (just getting out on my own really. have a toddler and a girlfriend who goes to school full time so I pay for most of everything) which means I have to borrow tools alot of the time. I eventually want to do my doors with 2 6.5s and one super tweet. and one super tweet in each A pillar. and maybe add a speaker to the back doors.

Posted

Thanks :)

Start off with just 1 tweeter per side. Just this one tweet per side can easily overpower my 6.5s per door on 6-800 watts

Posted

Thanks :)

Start off with just 1 tweeter per side. Just this one tweet per side can easily overpower my 6.5s per door on 6-800 watts

what brand are you using. If you say use 1 per side then I would do 1 per side. Would rather do everything right the first time and not redo lol. and right now all my mids and highs are what I believe is stock pioneer speakers. not sure. they have the stock speaker connections which is why I'm assuming.

Posted

I'm running a crescendo ft-1 and a pair of PWX6.5s per door

This was back when I was running passive and a single mids/highs amp. Now I'm running active, one amp dedicated to the mids, one amp for the tweeters. So things are a bit louder now, but that tweeter can do more than keep up against these

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1088 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...