Excessive voltage drop

On my 12v system, I usually sit from 13.6-14+ like normal but when I am up to full tilt I can drop from 14 to 12! My stock alt is 150 amp... I think I have enough ah, but is it a sign my alt just can't sustain it anymore or is it my batteries? Also, can running what I have on this stock alt for too long damage my batteries?

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

A little bit of both, plus your grounds. Do you have the big 3? What kind of amp you got?

2008 Trailblazer XS D3400 and HC2400 All Stinger HPM Kenwood DDX719 Boston Pro SE 6.5's Boston GT4100 2 HDC3 18's AQ2200

its in his sig

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

What's your batt sitting at after 1-2hrs with car off? I'd too off my batteries. I would look into a HO alt if you can. Doesn't hurt

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

I have an 08 trailblazer with a shit ass autozone agm and a werker 80 ah batt in the back with a sq2200 with very little drop, like almost none once the voltage goes to 13.8 because of the pcm. If you haven't done the big 3 do it. Then make sure your batteries are holding a charge, then maybe check your alt. I don't read sigs by the way, I really don't give a shit what the rest of you are running.

The other amp is a boston gt4100 I'm running at 1.5 ohms. It is pretty power hungry and I think that is most of the cause. The big three is done. I also topped the batteries off within the last week or two. Resting voltage is usually 12.6-12.7.

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

Where are you measuring voltage from?

I want you to do a quick voltage drop test. Measure voltage drop at your amp - probes to the input

Then measure voltage drop on your alt - positive probe to charge stud, negative probe to casing

Archived