Second Skin Audio

Help with 4th order.

Hello fellow members of SMD forum. I do not know if this is the correct place to post my question but this is the enclosure section. I need some help with port area. How much port area should be used in a 4th order? Also do I tune the port to the resonant frequency of the sealed section given on WINISD or do I tune the port to the resonance frequency of the sealed box in the vehicle? I have also heard that the size of the port affects whether the box will play the low notes more than the tuning frequency. Is this true? Should I make the sealed section bigger than the manufacture recommendation to get the sealed resonance to like 43 hz for example to play low? If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I would like if someone could go into great detail about these questions for me. I am eager to learn as much as I can and at 16 years old I am planning on building a b-pillar 4th order wall but want it to be right before I start building. Thanks again! :)

You can mess around with this to find a close estimate of what you should be around for port area.

Make sure you check off bandpass enclosure.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Can anyone help me a little more? Do I tune the ported chamber to the resonant frequency of the sealed section? If so do I need to make the sealed section larger to lower the resonant frequency to like 44 hz if thats what I were to tune the ported chamber?

Archived