CLPeller Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 I have a kenwood KDC X-998 that I would like to incorporate into my build. I'm doing an in dash iPad, but still want the functionality of an aftermarket HU and don't really have any room to put it that would fit the entire unit. I heard a long time ago from a friend about remote mounting the faceplate and storing the rest of the deck elsewhere (glovebox), and was just how to do it/if it's even possible? Is there a kit I need, or would it have to be something custom fabbed up? If there's a specific HU that is made for this, I'm not against buying something else, but would like to try to use what I've already got. Thanks in advance for any help!! Check out my build! 4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/
Pioneerchuck Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 To the best of my knowledge I dont think there is any type of kit for this. This would have to be something that would be custom. The back of the faceplate has a contact plate that connects it to the unit itself. I assume you could (if good enough at it) solder connections from the unit to the faceplate and have it run like that. Maybe fit some quick disconnects in there as well so it can still be removed.
EP95 Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 I know some older eqs like alpines could do something similar to this, never seen a headunit like it though.
mbdblue Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 there was/is a member on here that did it.....god knows if I could remember who it was. No kit to my knowledge....But it would definitely take a lot of patience and precise soldering connections to do it yourself. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
boom50cal Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 there was/is a member on here that did it.....god knows if I could remember who it was. No kit to my knowledge....But it would definitely take a lot of patience and precise soldering connections to do it yourself. He did it on a bike. I'll dig it up. Was sweet On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
boom50cal Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166990-custom-fiberglass-zx-7/ On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
mbdblue Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166990-custom-fiberglass-zx-7/ That's the one! absurdly patient....I couldn't hold my hands that still. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
CLPeller Posted May 4, 2014 Author Report Posted May 4, 2014 Thanks for all the responses guys! I figured it wouldn't be so easy as being a kit available. So it looks like I probably won't go this route, being that my soldering skills are non existent. I don't reeeaaally feel liking effing up my HU. That bike build is insane too!! Dudes got skill. Check out my build! 4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.