Second Skin Audio

soundqubed 2 hds312 enclosure assistance

I'm writing this because I want to see the end result. Just bought (2) HDS3 12's with a Q2200.1 and I need to build an enclosure this weekend. I will start my own post, as to not hijack this one. Just curious to see what his final dimensions and tuning are going to be. Also curious to see if rear firing will be better in this case, rather than forward firing. Good luck!

it depends on the space you have but i guess you can follow SQ formula if you have no stipulations

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

I'm writing this because I want to see the end result. Just bought (2) HDS3 12's with a Q2200.1 and I need to build an enclosure this weekend. I will start my own post, as to not hijack this one. Just curious to see what his final dimensions and tuning are going to be. Also curious to see if rear firing will be better in this case, rather than forward firing. Good luck!

it depends on the space you have but i guess you can follow SQ formula if you have no stipulations

This is what I'm starting tonight. If anyone would like to check the specs, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if these dimensions will help the OP, but here they are. I'm looking for a finished tuned enclosure of 32 hz, so I can hit the lows, but still listen to alternative rock if I want.

Width 35"

Depth 21"

Height 15"

Should come out to somewhere in the 5.1 gross range, with a 17" Long X 4 Wide L shape port 4" Wide. Should bring me down to somewhere to 4.25 net. Will these dimensions work decent for the HDS3 12's? Going to be powered with a Q2200.1... I wanted loud, so I should get loud! lol. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry.

Hopefully this helps out the OP as well. Not meaning to hijack the thread, but similar builds and same subs, so I hope it doesn't offend anyone...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Archived