Second Skin Audio

soundqubed 2 hds312 enclosure assistance

well the time has come to design my box for my 2 12's. i have done the math over and over again the overall dimensions of my trunk are a little weird but here they are

TRUNK_zps41557dd5.png

my goal is to have it facing forward port forward. i decided to try and design a box at 33hz to get some good lows which is a lot different than soundqubed prescribed. the port seems a little small to me but what do i know im still learning. Just concerned whether or not the build will work i even used torres calculator i got

torres_zpse10fd5ee.png

is this sound?

box_zps97da280c.png

As always thanks for all the help

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

I would try this, although I think you will need more width. Outer diameter of both speakers is 24+" plus a 5" port equals your total 29" width. If you could pull off 3-4 more inches in width everything would fit better. This is slot ported on the side.2hds312_zps92f20831.jpg

So there is no way this is right

Just the port area. If you don't mount the gaskets you may be able to get away with a 4" wide port which is still low but not that terribly low. I would probably build in the wide section if wanting to meet SQ standards for port area.

So there is no way this is right

Just the port area. If you don't mount the gaskets you may be able to get away with a 4" wide port which is still low but not that terribly low. I would probably build in the wide section if wanting to meet SQ standards for port area.

Thanks a lot Joe. I want to get some good lows much more than i want to follow the specs. I am going to rip apart the trunk i am sure if i take the padded walls out i will have more width which will require more fabrication on my part but thats cool i guess

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

I would try this, although I think you will need more width. Outer diameter of both speakers is 24+" plus a 5" port equals your total 29" width. If you could pull off 3-4 more inches in width everything would fit better. This is slot ported on the side.2hds312_zps92f20831.jpg

thanks alot my only issue is if it isn't 29 inches wide almost 2 cu ft will go to waste

Just a suggestion, you could build a box that fits your 29W but extends into the area where it widens sorta shaped like a T. Would be a more complicated build but would take advantage of your space.

Archived