Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Top loaded subs in trunk


Recommended Posts

Posted

Been tossing some ideas around. How would my subs facing up port towards the trunk, driver side be? I heard a few at a comp I went to and I really liked it. Has anyone on here tried it?

Posted

depends on what car really. usually I suggest porting or aiming the sub into the cabin, or the port/s. you want as much bass in the cabin as possible. you idea would be much better suited in a small hatch

Posted

Me and a buddy did that in his car with a single 15 n about 1500 rms. sounded great and get loud. the only small issue was it beat the rear deck to hell. just make sure

you deaden everything.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Posted

also be careful about the sub firing right into your rear speakers! when i had my Saturn i had a idea to face the subs up and cut a whole in the rear deck lid so it could port into the cabin even when the seats were up.

well it worked.. pretty damn good. for about a week. i was driving full tilt seats up and all of a sudden i heard crazy popping scratching and just weird noise. so i pulled over checked my subs.. they were fine looked up and seen the problem! my subs 6.5s mid cones and surround come apart. granted they were kinda cheap alpine Comps but still. so i went out got new ones and.built a Lil box like thing to keep the subs from ripping them apart.

I've talked.to a few kids who have had the same thing happen

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

I don't use rear speakers since I'm since off right now.

I might just fire towards trunk. Seems to be loudest in a grand am

Posted

I had a DC Lvl 3 15 on a CT Sounds 900.1, sub up, octoport to the side, and that shit hit lows like no other.

Went to an American Bass XFL 12 on a CT Sounds 1400.1, sub back, slot port back, and the output is tremendous as far as loudness, (given) but the lows aren't really hitting like they did with the DC

Contemplating going with a Tantric HD 15 or Meso 15, sub up, port back, and see how it does.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...