Wiz Khalifla Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 Hello SMD Forum people, I have just registered to this basshead community and was hoping you guys/gals can help me build my setup. So far I have 0 gauge wire ran throughout the vehicle and just completed the Big 3 this morning. I also have a 750watt kicker amp and 2.5ft^3 box tuned to 26hz from a buddy of mine. Will be purchasing a bigger amp in the future but for now I'm gonna use this. I'm ready to purchase a sub or 2 now but cannot figure out what I need. Not sure if I should do 2 (12s) sealed or 1 monstrous 12 in that ported box. By monstrous I mean something that can handle between 1500-2500watts RMS. I'm a big fan of SQ but like to get loud aswell. My music is mostly in the 20hz-40hz region. My goal is to get this done right the first time. Thx in advance people!
Krakin Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 What exactly is your question? Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Marquisboys Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 Think the question is should he do 2 12's sealed box or 1 big on in a ported box and what kind of sub brand??? 2004 Grand MarquisAA Mayhem 18Crescendo 3500d6.5's AQ Pro AudioAQ Super TweetsImage Dynamics 6x9Soundqubed 125.4MB Quart 80.4144.2 db GONZO 2013 Chrysler 300S Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior Inferno Red Interior 5.7 HEMI AWD LMI Air Hammer Intake Corsa exhaust Custom Tune
Marquisboys Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 why not do 2 12's in a ported box? 2004 Grand MarquisAA Mayhem 18Crescendo 3500d6.5's AQ Pro AudioAQ Super TweetsImage Dynamics 6x9Soundqubed 125.4MB Quart 80.4144.2 db GONZO 2013 Chrysler 300S Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior Inferno Red Interior 5.7 HEMI AWD LMI Air Hammer Intake Corsa exhaust Custom Tune
CDetty Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 One sundown x12 in a ported box. 1999 Honda Civic- RIP 2003 Acura RSX Type-S
Krakin Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 He has the box he got from his friend that fits the general specifications of a single 12". Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Marquisboys Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 ahh ok 2004 Grand MarquisAA Mayhem 18Crescendo 3500d6.5's AQ Pro AudioAQ Super TweetsImage Dynamics 6x9Soundqubed 125.4MB Quart 80.4144.2 db GONZO 2013 Chrysler 300S Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior Inferno Red Interior 5.7 HEMI AWD LMI Air Hammer Intake Corsa exhaust Custom Tune
timc31610 Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 I would do a single really good 12 for a couple of reasons. First is your existing box size. Second, when you feel the need to upgrade (like we all do eventually) you will have an awesome foundation instead of an ok foundation and adding another sub later would be less expensive than two ok subs now and two more better subs later. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Wiz Khalifla Posted May 7, 2014 Author Report Posted May 7, 2014 Sorry about that. My question was should I go 2 12s sealed or a single ported 12. I'd go for 2 ported but im limited on space. My 2.5ft^3 box takes up most of the trunk akready. What are some more badass 12s like the sundown x12s (that are awesome for sq in the 2.5ft^3 box at 26hz) thx
Wiz Khalifla Posted May 7, 2014 Author Report Posted May 7, 2014 I would do a single really good 12 for a couple of reasons. First is your existing box size. Second, when you feel the need to upgrade (like we all do eventually) you will have an awesome foundation instead of an ok foundation and adding another sub later would be less expensive than two ok subs now and two more better subs later. Good point! thx dude
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.