Jump to content

CABIN AIR FILTERS - does anyone change them ?


Recommended Posts

Posted

on every used vehicle ive purchased I always at some point change out the cabin air filter

ever sit inside someones vehicle & they turn on

the air sometimes it smells bad. or no smell & the damn air makes your nose run ...mildew,smoke,dirt & dust.

all get trapped in these filters... ill never forget the time I rented a car, turned the air on & it smelled like piss... that was great !!

so this is the basic process to change out ..all cars are different, but most all have a cabin air filters..

DSC06682_zps7cc76fc4.jpg

DSC06680_zpsc61afdd9.jpg

DSC06679_zpsab5dddef.jpg

DSC06666_zpsc4cc7024.jpg

DSC06669_zps06102f6a.jpg

DSC06668_zps64c2affb.jpg

DSC06671_zpsdadd8aaa.jpg

DSC06672_zpsd5c8a2ba.jpg

DSC06678_zpsa9052b29.jpg

DSC06678_zpsa9052b29.jpg

SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Posted

hm i dont know if my silverado has one, i never looked

it should same, place as mine ...

SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Posted

2007 Tahoe got one? Fuck I didn't know...I guess more shit on my list to do...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Wonder if mines got one.

Posted

I did last year. seemed to make a difference.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)


2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

Posted

2007 Tahoe got one? Fuck I didn't know...I guess more shit on my list to do...

not sure, if you cant find out online, hit a walmart or autoparts store check out the fram freshbreeze book

SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Posted

Yea my gfs cobalt has one she was just complaining about poor airflow. It was dirty after 30k not as dirty as the one above lol. It took 15 mins noticed a decent difference there were a few leaves in there as well...

Setup:


2010 Hyundai Elantra


Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC


Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt


Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000


Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -


DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 399 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...