tayodell41 Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 I have two Shok industries Big Shok subs that need reconed. I plan to put either 12 or 15 inch AQ baskets and use HDC3 recones for them. If I go with 12s I will do a trunk wall but I don't think I can do a trunk wall in my car with 15s so if I do 15s I think I'll just do a sub up port back box. I drive a 2001 Toyota Camry. I'm just wondering if anyone had any input on this subject on which setup would be the best for SPL. I'm hoping to get around mid 140 dB's.
tayodell41 Posted May 9, 2014 Author Report Posted May 9, 2014 And yes I realize its not actually a trunk wall, just a sealed trunk box.
Seymore Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 IMO, do the 12's. Sub up always leads to horrid trunk flex and rattling. 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
ToNasty Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 what is a walled trunk? ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Aj11 Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 we've been calling them pony walls. but.the opening with the seats folded down is very small. so i think your right as far as 15s are considered. And doing 15s subs up port back is Just begging fir crazy trunk rattle! id do 2 12s in a pony wall jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
SlamminBeats Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 what is a walled trunk? The loudest type of setup possible. Its what craig butler runs but he uses cement.
tayodell41 Posted May 9, 2014 Author Report Posted May 9, 2014 So seal off the trunk? Will that be louder and more clear?
Bump4life Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 So seal off the trunk? Will that be louder and more clear? sealing off may or may not be better. but a lot of the time it is better. use cement to seal off the best. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Noel989 Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 Pony walls FTW Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
tayodell41 Posted May 9, 2014 Author Report Posted May 9, 2014 Or would doing a 4th or 6th order box with the 12s be even better?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.