Deck has 4v preout Crossover has 2v Did I screw up?

Like the title says, my deck has 4 volt pre outs, but my crossover (clarion 41ex) only has 2 volt pre outs. If I crank my deck it will put out 4 volts. Will this over feed the crossover and cause problems?

It depends on whether or not your HU's 4V output overloads the X-over's input circuit. Does the X-over's manual say anything about a max. allowed input voltage?

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Rule #1 Make sure all voltage Preouts are matched or higher ... kind of the same with matching frequencies.. Check both manuals but you may have over looked that.

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

Gain match them with a DD-1 and you'll be fine.

I don't see how a DD-1 is going to make a difference. If the HU has a 4V output nothing the DD-1 does is going to lower that output voltage and prevent it from overloading the input circuit of the X-over.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

As long as you aren't clipping and the 4v preout on the hu isn't above the rated input voltage your fine.

smoove, hu's don't have gains to gain match.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Like the title says, my deck has 4 volt pre outs, but my crossover (clarion 41ex) only has 2 volt pre outs. If I crank my deck it will put out 4 volts. Will this over feed the crossover and cause problems?

I'm trying to remember the 41 model. Is it about 10 yrs old? And does it have the speaker level inputs along with the rca inputs? If it does you should be ok. I think it accepts up to around 7 volts. I could be wrong, but i think you will be ok.

truthsayer

From what I've seen most car stereo components for years haven't been below 6v input.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Set it at the crossover. and then crossover to the amp with a dd-1. Because some HU's are 1-8v and the amp or crossover is 1-8v is why we have to gain match. If there is no gain on the crossover just dd-1 the whole path from the amp.

Tony D's training vids are very useful for these kinds of questions

Archived