Need a few opinions, tranny issues.

If I were you I'd replace the tranny if that is the problem.

Imo buying a used car on that kind of budget isn't a good idea.... you have no idea the history of it or how it was treated.

Same thoughts I'm having. I'll have the video posted up in a few hours.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

That price is not bad at all.. I paid $1900 for my transmission to be rebuilt. It would have been $2400. But I removed it and put in back in myself.

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

I skipped most of the comments on here, and wanted to give my share of input from personal experience, sorry if someone's said this already:

Honda transmissions are prone to being weak and brittle.

Do you have a heavily modded system? (heavy enough to weigh down the car heftily?)

If so, you might want to look around and invest in a better transmission to hold all that weight, or else it might break again unfortunately.

EDIT: Forgot to say, Honda engines are extremely reliable, have no worries for that mileage...

I wanted to also say, for $1200, if you have the willpower, or some friends who know what they're doing.... That's a nice swap for the car.

I skipped most of the comments on here, and wanted to give my share of input from personal experience, sorry if someone's said this already:

Honda transmissions are prone to being weak and brittle.

Do you have a heavily modded system? (heavy enough to weigh down the car heftily?)

If so, you might want to look around and invest in a better transmission to hold all that weight, or else it might break again unfortunately.

EDIT: Forgot to say, Honda engines are extremely reliable, have no worries for that mileage...

I wanted to also say, for $1200, if you have the willpower, or some friends who know what they're doing.... That's a nice swap for the car.

I appreciate your input. The car had no excess weight in it at the time, the system was not installed. No mods, suspension cut or anything. Car is bone stock.

The more and more I think about it I want to keep my car. :(

I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Keep it, I've done swaps on a civic easily, I imagine it be no different on an accord :).

BTW: A good place to start for your inquiries, as not everyone here has the same cars, would either be Honda-tech or some exclusive Accord forums.

My uncle who doesn't beat on his Honda, had his trans rebuilt @ 180kish for $2k, after that he drove it for about half a year and now his ex owns the accord lol. From what I heard? car's had zero hiccups to date.

i have a 3rd gen honda and 5th gear is out, they had lubrication issues with the manuals in those. but it has 212k and hauls around a wall and doesnt complain.

Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate it.

Well I've pretty much made up my mind to keep the Honda. In almost 3 years, this is the only time it's left me stranded. Going to call around to some shops tomorrow to find where the labor costs will be the cheapest. Grab a trans. from one of the yards myself and have a shop install it.

Can't wait to get back on the road again! Will be another good week or two before my funds are in order, just hope the outcome is good!

oh lawd.

i wanna say clutch pack, shifting linkage, or parking pin

maybe a combination

i say rebuild it (someone that can check for hairline cracks) or get a new transmission

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived