2012 honda civic si 2 12 inch sundown 4th order build

12zv4fourthinside.jpg

12zv4topoverall.jpg

12zv4fourthport.jpg

12zv4fourthbaffle.jpg

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I can tell you the max you'll get between the wheel wells is 41" and that's with a shoehorn and some ky lube! The max height, if you take out the tension spring bars is 21". And if you're going max dimensions, you're building inside the trunk. The trunk openings are pretty large, but odd shaped so it's hard to get anything of significant size to squeeze through there. Ask me how I know LOL!

If I were you, and I'm not so do whatever, but if I were you I'd go ported forward sealed off, or you can go port through the deck like I did, but it's a PIA!!!!!!! Seriously. I wish I'd have just gone ported forward now. But I HADDD to be different! It sounds great so the work was worth it, but it was a pain!

Anyway, you're not going to get 2 12's in a 4th back there without some SERIOUS work and shoehorning. And if you do, you're going to loose all space for everything else.

Just a suggestion from a guy who has a civic and has thought of all the designs I've wanted to do but don't have the room for. I made the best of what I had room to do it with. It's pretty crammed in back there. You can check out my UBL or Build Log if you want some ideas.

Good luck.

A friend of mine has a trunk civic and has done a lot of builds. His favorite was PWK design box.

I'd suggest that you pay a professional to design this box for best results. Or if you've got the time and money just start making sawdust and trying things and learn from experience.

Id go for 30 maybe 29hz..those subs are designed for low end output. Not to be a dick or anything but what the hell were you smoking when you thought that box would fit into a civic..my impala has a way bigger trunk than a civic and I only have 19" of height from floor to deck. If you really want a 4th order youd probably have to fiber glass the whole trunk to have enough airspace to pull it off unless you want to lose your backseat. 12s are fine for the care just do a regular box 5 ft^ net. forward facing port in middle and seal off the trunk tune to 30hz for daily use. Make sure to brace and seal well and you will be jiggling your headliner soon. Also plan better to do 1ohm final load instead of .5 I dont think youre ready for less than 1 ohm..you may cause alot of issues for yourself..I can only give advice its up to you whether you want to follow it or not

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived