Guest Nismofreak

naw. I am gonna build a new box. I am gonna get the rf 360.2 in june and I wanna get the amp/ processor rack ready for it so I can just install it when I get it

P.S.- going active

nah i ment the 360 and fuck this thread is giant now

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

yea, minus the fact that hes running 2 mids off each mid channel, and 2 tweets off each high channel, therefore they are still STEREO!

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Man, Nismo... You should really figure out what you're doing right now before you try to do something completly different... I don't think your truck is done yet, is it?? I honestly don't know with the amount of crap traffic in all the posts you have. I cringe at reading all of your hometown gossip...

Why not just finish off the first project before you move to the 15th?

Get a reliable truck with a reliable stereo before you change up one or the other...

Not being hard on you little bro, but I wish you would figure something out all the way before you progress on to another project that will be 3/4 way done in 6 months.. I wish you luck as always, but keep your stereo ADD down, grow a little patience for the projects already in the works...

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Guest Nismofreak

Man, Nismo... You should really figure out what you're doing right now before you try to do something completly different... I don't think your truck is done yet, is it?? I honestly don't know with the amount of crap traffic in all the posts you have. I cringe at reading all of your hometown gossip...

Why not just finish off the first project before you move to the 15th?

Get a reliable truck with a reliable stereo before you change up one or the other...

Not being hard on you little bro, but I wish you would figure something out all the way before you progress on to another project that will be 3/4 way done in 6 months.. I wish you luck as always, but keep your stereo ADD down, grow a little patience for the projects already in the works...

No it isn't finished but very close. I only got 1 door left and to wrap all the doors and the new sub box. I am done with this car. O yah reliable, Well guess you will just have to wait till the summer. This isn't a new project, Its a continuation of something that I wanna finish so I am not starting new things. I was asking would in this situation a 360.2 is needed do to the tweeters being to harsh and this FUCKEN mb lacking midbass way to much

Guest Nismofreak

Well 3 things make me mad that I wanna fix in this comps: harsh tweets, shitty midbasses, can't hear the mids at all,

My dad listened to my system when I had all my speakers in and he compared his boss audio chaos comps to my mb and they even had a better tweet and mid bass which impressed me

said screw imprint

I was gonna use one amp

bridge 2 channels for tweets

bridge 2 channels for mids

yea, minus the fact that hes running 2 mids off each mid channel, and 2 tweets off each high channel, therefore they are still STEREO!

Either way I see it, when you say your going to bridge 2 channels for your tweets, and 2 for your mids, you are using a 4 channel amp which will now be bridged to 2 channels. WHICH MEANS MONO NOT STEREO.

Now running 2 channels for mids and 2 channels for tweets, and running 2 tweets per 2 channel and 2 mids per 2 channels both in Parallel.

They are two different things, and nismo did not say that.

He said he was bridging 2 channels for tweets and 2 for mids. Maybe he meant to say he was bridging his speakers, but you cannot bridge your speakers either.

oh, and if running 2 tweeters per channel i would wire them in series, and not parallel.

Few reasons are becuase they are mb quart and are harsh, so you dont need to drop the ohm load on them and give them more power to make them scream more.

The tweeters will also not be as clean sounding running at 2 ohms vs 4 ohms, and well your going active for the sq im assuming.

and the main reason is that when you drop your ohms down, you raise the DC Current and this will make them sound even harsher. Dc current will mess speakers up badly :(

Archived