Second Skin Audio

Enclosure ideas for 1 Kicker CVR 15" Sub

Could really use some design ideas for a ported box for 1 Kicker CVR 15" Sub (4 Ohm). It will be going into the trunk of a 2012 Chevy Malibu. The space I have to work with is 38"X13"X12". Would like to have them firing down with the port shooting towards the rear? Has anyone heard of that working? And Im thinking like maybe 4 cuft at 35? Any suggestions would be great

First rule of CVR is we dont talk about CVR.

6 posts, welcome to the forum.

4cubes is the min recommended. Make sure you dont over power that sub in a box of that size. 35hz is a general tune to use.

You can get by okay with 3 cubes, a 3" vent and about 33Hz tuning. But I would fire the sub and vent toward the back.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Well,i am kinda worried how to fit a 15" in an 12x13" area lol.

Cvr15 07-2014 . 2.8 cubes net (750-1200rms)/ 3.3cubes (600-1000rms)/3.3-5 cubes (no more then 750rms) 12 sq.inches of port. I am actuall using a 15cvr right now temporary untill my recones come in. On an aq3500.1 at 2ohms in 3 cubes. Yes it soft bottoms very easily.

Two of your sides should be 15 inches minimum to accommodate where the sub will sit. Your dimensions can only work for subs smaller than a 15 inch.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived