Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HDC4 18 Box started.


Smoove

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am helping a member of the forum build a box for an AQ HDC4 18. Here the specs. Pics will follow once more of it is put together. This box is being crammed into a little ass Ford ZX3 Focus. He will be running an AQ2200 on the sub.

HDC4185-18-201411-40-43PM_zps9eb00413.jp

Posted

Wont fit with more baffle. Thats why the extra bracing. No seating will be lost with this setup. And yes some plastic trim will have to be cut.

Posted

Went aeros cause no way could a slot port fit in the hatch. If 9-12 for aero's is the recommended. then is box will be at the minimum recommended. I cant wait to see how much the roof flexs

Posted

I think the design looks fine. Brace the Heck out of that thing and let err rip. Pretty area looks fine to me with monster aeros. More airspace would be nice with the power he's gonna be running, but he will get by. It would be interesting to see if a 3500W amp could be swapped in for a couple of quick burps to see if there was a gain at all.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Dude already has equipment bought Miguel. I asked the same thing. He originally bought the sub with a different vehicle at the time. I think 2 12s or a single 15 would be ideal in the space he has.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Looks like you gone need more space but since you have no option, just build it and see what happens :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5384 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...